Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My $160 Yugo Sks Is Worth What Now?!

FC

Makes me wish I had bought a bunch when they were $75!

I heard today of an AR15 that sold for $4000

I guess it had a lot of bells and whistles but $4000

P.S> I bet your SKS would bring $700 right now has a package, but because of the anger in the country you might want to keep it, cause I think things are going to hit the fan.

The Feinstein Ban says semi-auto and "OTHER FIREARMS"

It’s a wide open ban at the discretion of the ATF if it passes.

This means all of those Elmer Fudds out there that think these types of bans don’t affect them are going to get a wake up call

Makes me wish I had bought a bunch when they were $75!

When I had my FFL in the 80's. I could have bought a gross of SKS's for 39.99 each from a Long Beach California importer. If I remember correctly they were shipped for free west of the Mississippi if I bought 288. I was told dealers on the east coast were combining orders and buying by the truck load. I did buy a few for about $50.00 each. They were among the first batch to arrive with the non-chrome bore and the barrels were not pinned. I can't recall the price but the so-called paratrooper models with folding stock and detachable AK mags were only a few bucks more. I only ordered one para model that was supposed to go into my collection and not into my uniform store's stock. I let a buddy talk me out of it for cost. Today they go for way to much. With my 20/20 hindsight I could have enjoyed a comfortable retirement.

I just sold my evil-looking SKS with Tapco adjustable stock, two 40, and one 20 round magazines for $700. I have probably $300 in it. Now to sell the ammo! cheaperthandirt.com was completely out yesterday!

AZ, those were amazing prices!

The dirt cheap prices of the SKS's in my opinion and many others as well. Had much to do with Bill Ruger selling us out in his appearance before Congress. The Chinese SKS's and AK's were just coming into the USA market when Ruger introduced his 7.62X39 Mini-30. Despite the success of the Mini-14, the Mini-30 was a dud. Ruger cleverly increased his gun rag advertising avoiding the bad press Colt and Smith and Wesson got.