Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Old Member, Checking In

roscoedoh

Howdy all!

Its been a long time since I've been active here. I sort of discovered semi-autos after the mil-surp bolt actions started to run out and haven't done much gunsmithing over the last 5-6 years.

I'm tickled to see that MFRC is still around after all these years! I remember the old board back a couple versions ago, back in 2003 when Mausers were cheap and ammo was plentiful. Tony built that 7x57 on a Yugo Mauser, Jerry the Horsefly would get mule-lipped about some things, and Fritz was busy playing golf and buying up the world's supply of Turk Mausers.

I'm not online nearly as much as I used to be but I still check in from time to time. Glad to see guys are still building and people are still learning.

You guys have a good evening. I'm off to check on the home brew I bottled last night.

Cheers!

Jason

Welcome back sir.

As to the stacks of 100 bills..tis true..I had this shooting match with Az and won.

as I recall it was 1/2 groups offhand at 5000 meters with iron sights at his range at his 2000.000 acre ranch.

We had a small side bet of 1000.000 million. Would have been more but Billy Gates lost his glasses.

karl

Again Welcome back sir. :D

Nope..George had left by then.

He was having lunch with Beck ...remember.

That was the day the Mr. Obama came down to shoot skeet with that Ak that Holder got him from the Fast and furious shipment?

karl

Naww you got all wrong. Obama and Soros were shooting the AK's at Beck's 8X10 glossy. Billy and Holder claimed they were going to lunch but really met up with Janet Napolitano at the Motel 6 for a 3-sum. Afterward Obama's Secret Service detail insisted the Motel 6 be deloused before spending the night.

Not Billy, he had those Russian gymnasts chicks in his computer class.

That was the ss guy who lost.

The SS guys had to roll the dice and whoever lost ..Janet..

Remember how that guy tossed down a quart of 151 rum ...and the other guys still had to drag him screaming into the room?

karl

Hi Jason, good to hear from you.

I just seem so busy otherwise that I'm doing more stock-piling of parts than building anymore.

I'm assuming that when I reach retirement in a few year that I'll find the 'round-toits' under the

gun parts on my workbench. I just hope that by then I'll still be able to haul my new build out to

the woods and bring home the meat.

Craig

Yes Tony, I remember when Herb and Tye passed away. Both were good men. I had recently been communicating with Herb about obtaining a couple of the Turks he had squirreled away in his barn when he passed away suddenly.

Craig! I'll try to make it by my next time up. Last time me and my lady had a few days so we went and did the touristy stuff downtown. Next time sir! I'm finally building up vacation time so I can finally go places for a few days at a stretch. IF they'll let me out of the office...

Sorry I missed the Soros/Gates shoot out gang! It would've been a hoot to see a fat old Greek liberal try to out shoot a pipsqueak nerdy lib. That's what I get for staying away too long...story of my life..."best thing to ever hit happened yesterday..."

Jason