Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Any One Hear Of Bud's Gunshop

karlunity

MODERATOR HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT CAUSED ALL THE GARBAGE IN MY POST??

I've bought a few handguns from Bud's. Bud's prices were the lowest for the brand new items everywhere I looked. Both online and in town.<br /><br />I did have one problem with Bud's and it was some what difficult to get the "we'll get back to you" phone call. After insisting my pistol had been shipped and received by my FFL. Turned out they shipped my pistol to the wrong FFL. For some reason an employee in their shipping dept assumed I did not indicate a FFL. Using my zip code he shipped it to the closest FFL in Bud's network of FFL's. Bud's shipping dept employee also entered the wrong tracking number in their data base. I believe the receiving FFL discovered the error and attempted to take advantage. When I arrived the pistol was for sale in the dealer's display case. Only cost me an additional $5.00 as the FFL's fee was 25 and my guy gets 20. Buds sent me a $10.00 off coupon because of the error.<br /><br />Despite the problem I have ordered from Buds since the screw-up and as my previous orders everything was received on a timely basis. I know you're reluctant to put plastic details on the net. Buds does have a method of paying by money order. I don't know how the process works or if you can get them to place your item on hold. Probably be a good idea to call them.<br /><br />If I hadn't won the Remmy 1911. I'd probably be taking a serious look at the Turk 1911 with the Gold Cup type trigger with the sear spring. Years ago I had a Gold Cup for a short time. The trigger out of the box was incredibly sweet. As good if not better than any pro trigger job I've ever had on a 1911. We don't want to discuss my attempt at a 1911 trigger job.<br /><br />There are some real horror stories about Buds on the net. Some are likely true but I bet the majority of the bad press is from competitors. Personally I use Bud's prices as a guide. A couple months ago friend of mine used a printout showing Bud's advertised price as leverage to negotiate a local gunshop's price down. My friend did pay a bit more than if he ordered from Buds with $20.00 FFL and shipping fees with no sales tax but as my friend said I got to "looky feel".<br /><br />One big down side to ordering new firearms via the net. If it malfunctions out of the box the seller does not get involved as the firearm has to go back to the manufacture. Probably be a good idea if and when you contact Buds. Find out exactly what the warranty process entails on your particular purchase. I bought a new in the box S&W revolver from another online dealer. I had to send it to S&W. S&W did send me FedEx shipping labels to return it on their dime.

I cleaned up my original post, hopefully all the garbage will disappear.

I've bought a few handguns from Bud's. Bud's prices were the lowest for the brand new items everywhere I looked. Both online and in town. I did have one problem with Bud's and it was some what difficult to get the "we'll get back to you" phone call. After insisting my pistol had been shipped and received by my FFL. Turned out they shipped my pistol to the wrong FFL. For some reason an employee in their shipping dept assumed I did not indicate a FFL. Using my zip code he shipped it to the closest FFL in Bud's network of FFL's. Bud's shipping dept employee also entered the wrong tracking number in their data base. I believe the receiving FFL discovered the error and attempted to take advantage. When I arrived the pistol was for sale in the dealer's display case. Only cost me an additional $5.00 as the FFL's fee was 25 and my guy gets 20. Buds sent me a $10.00 off coupon because of the error.

Despite the problem I have ordered from Buds since the screw-up and as my previous orders everything was received on a timely basis. I know you're reluctant to put plastic details on the net. Buds does have a method of paying by money order. I don't know how the process works or if you can get them to place your item on hold. Probably be a good idea to call them.

If I hadn't won the Remmy 1911. I'd probably be taking a serious look at the Turk 1911 with the Gold Cup type trigger with the sear spring. Years ago I had a Gold Cup for a short time. The trigger out of the box was incredibly sweet. As good if not better than any pro trigger job I've ever had on a 1911. We don't want to discuss my attempt at a 1911 trigger job. There are some real horror stories about Buds on the net. Some are likely true but I bet the majority of the bad press is from competitors. Personally I use Bud's prices as a guide. A couple months ago friend of mine used a printout showing Bud's advertised price as leverage to negotiate a local gunshop's price down. My friend did pay a bit more than if he ordered from Buds with $20.00 FFL and shipping fees with no sales tax but as my friend said I got to "looky feel".

One big down side to ordering new firearms via the net. If it malfunctions out of the box the seller does not get involved as the firearm has to go back to the manufacture. Probably be a good idea if and when you contact Buds. Find out exactly what the warranty process entails on your particular purchase. I bought a new in the box S&W revolver from another online dealer. I had to send it to S&W. SW did send me FedEx shipping labels to return it on their dime.

The second post did clean up. My computer does what your first post did..don't know why.

There is a big gun show today and I am going. All things considered I would like to handle a pistol before I buy it.

I have seen the Turks you spoke of and they do indeed look good.

karl