Military Firearm Restoration Corner
Sign in to follow this  
AzRednek

Glock Mis-Haps

Although I want to put a Glock into my collection, don't think I'll ever carry it concealed if I ever get one. As I've mentioned in a previous posts. One time when I was forced to brandish a handgun. when the situation cooled off I realized I had my finger on the trigger and my thumb on the safety. I'm totally aware of the rule "finger off trigger till ready to shoot" but in a stressful situation I honestly don't know if I could follow the rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

My main carry weapon is a Glock 29. Never give the safe action trigger a second thought. The problem isn't the trigger system it's the unsafe actions of the users. That Chief took for garnet his weapon was holstered properly. Operator error not a equipment malfunction. Ralph

Operator error not a equipment malfunction. Ralph

You're right on Ralf with operator error and it is operator error on my part I fear. I can say from personal experience it is easy to forget when one is confronted with a shoot or don't shoot situation. Guess it is a generational thing. Finger off the trigger was not in the safety rules best I recall in the early 70's when I started shooting. I do recall something about safety on until ready to shoot and pointed in safe direction. I evolved with 1911's and double action revolvers. Without even conscientiously thinking about it my finger is off the trigger and out of the trigger guard when cocking either a single or double action revolver. I worry from my previous experience about where my trigger finger will be if I were suddenly confronted in a deadly situation. When and if the day comes I can trust myself. I'm only going to carry an auto with a manual safety or de-cocker and keep Glocks and similar types for recreational shooting only.

Glocks have no safety period, if it's loaded it will fire.

Only if you squeeze the trigger. I hated Glock for years due to the lack of a manual safety. I bought one around a year ago and am very pleased and do not worry about discharge when I am carrying.

If any gun is loaded, it has the potential to fire, period. One must respect the weapon and know how to properly use it.

That's the main problem with weapons. Billy Bob buys a pistol and has never received proper training or even researched it. He just buys a gun as that's what the guy behind the counter told him he needed, then proceeds to blow his leg, arm, head etc. off as he doesn't know how to handle said weapon.

It's a sad world we live in.

Brenden