Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Texas In Review - Shrine At Goliad (1957)

Interesting!! I'd like to see how modern day, politically correct historians would recall the incident. I seriously doubt the word "massacre" would be used. After seeing a program the History Channel did on the Alamo produced by a former US Forest Service park ranger mid-level manager, crediting him as a "Historian". I imagine today's politically correct version. The Texans or Texicans as they were then named. Would be some how labeled as the bad guys or the aggressors. If my high school history teacher was correct. The Texan Army was a 50/50 mix of Mexicans and whites.The Mexican Army was especially hostile toward captured Mexicans in the Texas Militia. Many were cruelly executed.

Interesting!! I'd like to see how modern day, politically correct historians would recall the incident. I seriously doubt the word "massacre" would be used. After seeing a program the History Channel did on the Alamo produced by a former US Forest Service park ranger mid-level manager, crediting him as a "Historian". I imagine today's politically correct version. The Texans or Texicans as they were then named. Would be some how labeled as the bad guys or the aggressors. If my high school history teacher was correct. The Texan Army was a 50/50 mix of Mexicans and whites.The Mexican Army was especially hostile toward captured Mexicans in the Texas Militia. Many were cruelly executed.

Agreed there is no doubt that the Mexicans slaughter would be downplayed and even partially justified.

Tom