Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Is Obama Correct?

AzRednek

I'm paraphrasing a quote I heard on the news today. Obama said "If the Iraqis are not willing to do the fight why should anybody expect us to do it for them".

If US troops were to destroy the current ISIS army. Would the organized terrorist attacks in the USA end? I doubt it. The random wildcat attacks I'm afraid will continue for years with the power of the internet. With our Chicken-In-Chief's mindset of ISIS being JV. It now appears we are beyond the point of no return.

I can't remember, it was either Marx or Lenin that devised a theory of conquering the USA. By keeping Americans engaged in small wars it will eventually destroy the morale of young men and America's will to fight. Almost happened in the Viet Nam era if you can recall the anti draft demonstrations on college campuses.

Guess I'm not smart enough. In all honesty I'm stymied. What is the solution to the mess in the Mideast??

Parking lots. Lots of glass lined parking lots. Short of that, there will never be peace in the Middle East. Put up guarded fences, use something else for energy, shoot any that try to invade Europe. They don't have the guts for it, so we will lose this time. I sometimes wonder if the West's "leaders" don't want that.

Don't know if it is an excuse. According to Fox News some Iraqis began their retreat after running out of ammo. I also heard something that about supplies, reinforcements and air cover did not arrive as promised. The retreat had a domino effect after one group retreated others still in the fight followed. In a way I can't blame the troops without ammo pulling out of the fight especially fighting a barbaric army. Surrender and lose your head, be burned alive, tortured and if lucky simply shot to death. If what I heard is correct and air cover did not arrive as promised. It wont take a genius to figure out whom is to blame.

I like the previous suggestion of turning it into glass. A small nuke kills hundreds then radiation poisoning slowly kills off a few thousand. It might take two like it did to Japan to get the message. The Russians, Ukrainians and even the Croatians have buried dead Islamic terrorists wrapped in pork skins. No need to water board prisoners. Do as the Russians, shove pork up their asses, rub lard into their hair or cover them with pig sh!t. They will sing like canaries if they think the next step is facing Allah. Seems to me that after the Russians captured the Nigerian pirates, put them back on their boat then used it for target practice. I haven't heard of a Russian ship raided by pirates since.

Guess I'm getting impatient in my old age. I'm convinced he only way to stop barbarians is us or the good guys being barbaric and as cruel or crueler than the bad guys. The first time we bury a terrorist in pork skins. The libs will hit the street crying foul. We'll see how loud they yell "blame Bush" or "if we only sat down and talked with them" .Right, just like Neville Chamberlin. Only we'll give them the Sinai Peninsula back, Syria and half of Iraq for their promise not to obliterate Israel or export terrorism.

Sorry guys I'm keyboard venting!! I better pass on O'Reilly and Kelly tonight and watch Ancient Aliens and the History Channel instead.

Dr. Hess.

Sir I sometimes think that they, the leaders in the West, do want that.

Those leaders are far from dumb and can be very ruthless, and the people can be encouraged to support it.

So why is force not being applied? Only reason I can see is that they want the "change." It is the same with us and Mexico. Example GW Bush could have locked down the border on 9/12 and the people would have supported it. He did not.

Perhaps the new chums will, they hope, give them more submission?

I do not know either; but based on 58 years of reading history...I suspect..something IS going on.

karl

The problem is that We did make the area unstable when we took out Saddam so I can see air cover and some logistic support. But in the end it is their nation. If they wont fight for it, unless they want to be a US colony and do we want a Colony?

I have to say, unless the USA is attacked and Congress declares war; It is not our war and not our business.

karl

Our installing the Shaw of Iran and propping up the Saudi's (and giving them trillions of dollars) didn't help in stabilizing that area either. Of course, the French/British arbitrarily dividing up the region before that can take a tad bit of the blame. Knocking out Hussein and Gaddafi were probably just triggering events. And they have been fighting there since time began anyway.