Military Firearm Restoration Corner
Sign in to follow this  
AzRednek

Wish I Had $350.00 Needing To Be Spent

JC Higgins Model 50, only 350. Don't know the condition, seller claims it is excellent. I've never seen one of these at a gun show for under $500.00. Probably with its cousin the FN, the best commercial Mauser made. The FN's had a higher quality wood stock, better polish and blue at a considerably higher price. Since Guns N Ammo did an article and glowing review about a year or so ago the Higgins Model 50's have climbed in price. I need another Mauser or 30/06 about as bad as I need a kick in the ass otherwise I'd been on this like flies on XX.

I edited the ad out after talking to the seller. The seller does not have a car, is living in a garage and would not agree to exchange ID. When asked he said "if you're a lawman go away"

Just start one of those on line fund raisers to give the old veteran, JC Higgins, a new permanent home. ;)

Spiris

Just start one of those on line fund raisers to give the old veteran, JC Higgins, a new permanent home. ;)Spiris

It definitely needs a home for us that are fond of Mausers. If I didn't have a Higgins Model 50 already along with numerous other 06's. I would have driven like a mad man to get it. The seller unfortunately is not interested in trades. Claims he lost his job and needs the money. My guess if it is still for sale there is plenty of wiggle room on the asking price.

If he wont exchange IDs ..something is wrong...that is just pro forma...

If you do go out there Az bring a friend...I smell a rat.

I also have learned NEVER to trust too good a deal.

Paranoid Karl

If he wont exchange IDs ..something is wrong...that is just pro forma...

If you do go out there Az bring a friend...I smell a rat.

I also have learned NEVER to trust too good a deal.

Paranoid Karl

Thanks for the advice but I killed the deal. I offered him a Gamba Mauser HSC and 100 cash. Simply no way would I put a handgun papered to me in his hands. He countered with another email this morning with a line of BS claiming the 2nd Amendment protecting us from unreasonable searches like having to show ID to trade guns. My gut tells me an unemployed guy, refusing to show ID, doesn't own a car and living in his sister's garage is likely covered with prison tattoos. I started smelling a fish after he agreed to the deal before he got a picture of my HSC.

I've been cruising Backpage and have cut some pretty good deals but have walked away from some that seemed to good to be true. I've responded to some ads claiming to be a retired Deputy, will run the number then asking would you mind exchanging ID and signing bill of sale. Several have either failed to respond or claimed to have just sold it. Saying "Deputy" rather than retired cop scares away illegal aliens. Phoenix pretty much a sanctuary city but our county Sheriff strictly enforces illegal immigration. According to a Casa Grande city cop I made a trade with. Told me it is highly illegal to claim to be a LEO but as far as he knows. Nothing in the law about claiming to be a retired cop and suggested I use retired Deputy because of out county Sheriff's reputation.

The poster the LaRaza protestor is carrying has our Sheriff's face on the right. LaRaza has him tagged as being a racist for enforcing illegal immigration. Our Sheriff segregates illegals in the jails, makes them wear different colored clothing and naturally the libs claim other prisoners white or legal immigrants get better treatment, food, medical etc better than illegals.

trump-protestors_zps1n4hlx5u.jpg

I am all for fairness, but an illegal is a criminal.if they don't like our laws, they are free to go home

karl

I am all for fairness, but an illegal is a criminal.if they don't like our laws, they are free to go home

karl

The simplest thing Congress could do is make illegal immigration a felony. O'Reily's suggestion of mandatory minimum jail time would be a good start. Unless Trump is elected I do not see any changes. Democrats want votes, big business wants cheap labor and the wealthy want maids, nannies, grounds keepers etc working for starvation wages.