Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Missing Ole Fritz

Horsefly

Will never forget the day we got the post from Fritz's daughter that he had be killed in a car wreck.I planned to go down to Victoria Tex. to visit him but waited too long.We were about the same age and grew up poor as a church mouse in Texas,so we had a lot in common.I'll never forget the picture he posted of himself dressed up like Poncho Villa at the golf course halloween party.I go to the coast several times a year and go through Victoria and kinda get a knot in my throat thinking of him.His best post were of the big snow they had there(very rare for that far south) and the copperhead bite he got sitting at his picnic table.

This board is not what it once was. He give me some plastic for an butt plate and I sent him some cash. He was not expecting it and was surprised that I give him something. Still got mist of the plastic somewhere.

Another guy I missed is FMSniper. He really had some nice projects.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time since Herb passed away. It was back about ten years ago, not too long after I graduated from SFA. Herb mailed me a Turk Mauser "as a graduation present from Fritz!". I was supposed to get down to visit him but I did not get the opportunity to do so. I pulled that Mauser out of the safe the other day and was thinking about him and all the pithy comments he used to make. Fritz and a few of the other guys kept me rolling with some of the rants they'd go on.

It sure doesn't seem like a decade ago. Where does the time go?...