Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Would Vote For Moore

karlunity

Karl this deal stinks all the way around ! I’m sure there are dirty politics behind this and I would not be the least bit surprised to find that the GOP is behind some if not the majority of it . I really wish I knew what the truth is . I will tell you this it sounded to me like if I recall correctly Moore admitted to dating teenage girls while he was in his thirties , with their parents permission. If this is true I have a hell of a problem with this no good POS and the girls parents as well. If not true then this guy has really been s*** on.

But for me personally if the only TRUE thing in this whole stinking mess is he dated teenagers when in his thirties with their parents permission and didn’t “molest” them in any way shape or form ..... he needs killed very publicly and very damn slowly. And it won’t take much of anything to be better than a man of that low caliber period.

Jim

This a very emotional topic. I does appear that Moore dated young women in their late teens. While today this doesn't seem right, in the South such things were very common. At one time it was common place in the South for men 30-40 years of age to date and marry 14-16 year old girls. Freaky today but common at one time.

It was also NOT illegal at the time. Dating or marrying an 18 year old today is also not illegal.

While today this doesn't seem right, in the South such things were very common. At one time it was common place in the South for men 30-40 years of age to date and marry 14-16 year old girls. Freaky today but common at one time.

One of my elderly postal patrons from Georgia claimed at 16 married a 49 year old widower in an arraigned marriage. The marriage was annulled after it was discovered her father was a Jew and her mother a practicing Baptist had Jewish family roots. The groom an heir to a large peach and onion farm and produce distributor. She claimed in order to receive a monthly lifetime stipend from her husbands family. She had to claim her son was fathered by another and move out of Georgia. Don't have any idea how much she got but she seemed to live a comfortable life and didn't have a job. She also claimed her son's education was paid for by the estate.

She was in her mid 60's when I was acquainted with her. Even with her advanced age she still had a pretty face and large blue eyes. She claimed by her own words to being a knockout in her younger years.

If I lived in Alabama I would vote for Moore and even send a few bucks to his campaign. Moore is paying the piper for chasing young women but I really have my doubts the attention was unwanted and likely exaggerated. What motivated the women to speak up a few weeks before the election while Moore was ten or more points ahead in polls. Leads me to believe Moore's opponent in his desperation is behind it.

No one charged him with rape at the time not for 40 years and during an election with no proof indeed he son said she lied.

Moore acted by the rules of his time.

40 years later the rules changed.

Think about it...A gay pride day 40 years ago yet today it is seen as not big thing.

Times change I would vote for Moore.

Think about this: Someone could say that any one of us was smoking dope in a gay bathhouse wearing pink tutus and singing the international while handing out the Little Red Book 40 years ago and how would we now PROVE that we were not?

karl

To jump slightly off subject. I wouldn't be surprised if long ago advances from successful men is going to open up a cash cow for gold digging women. Similar to what happened with claims against pedophile Catholic priests. All you one had to do was complain, legitimate or not and receive a cash payout

My many years as a union officer I handled several sexual harassment claims at the initial stage. A few were legitimate but most of what I saw were BS motivated by revenge or the grievant's inability to handle any sort of criticism from a male manger. Some were a simple misunderstandings. I had to be careful dealing with a complaint. If I didn't give a BS complaint the same attention as a legit one. I could have had an EEO complaint filed against me.

I wasn't involved after the initial level but I did see some that resulted in some large cash settlements at a higher level. One in particular led to a six figure payout. Another settled for an undisclosed amount with nearly three years in back wages. Arbitrators or EEO hearing officers usually award lost wages times two or three. The first one after being paid it led into another. The settlement was paid in the form of wages, reported to IRS on her W-4 even though there wasn't a lost wage claim. Wages rather than a casualty loss made it taxable, reduced the agreed amount and I was told she recovered X 3 the loss second time around. She resigned after the final payment. Not sure if her resignation was part of the agreement.

• 3 weeks later...