Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sometimes ya gotta change

karlunity

I have the same cable bundle and service for 5 years.

The hippy liked it and I was used to it but the price just kept going up. Now that was annoying but that alone did not get me off my butt.

I talked to the cable co before Christmas and it was ok sir...no problem sir...we will change  after one last BIG bill only about 140 a month. Ok that is not great but it considering the times is not bad and I was USED to them. Well New Year came and went and the bills just got bigger, my lower price?? gone...Now I dont mind a firm making a buck but as I see it a deal is a deal and they did not keep up their end.  Now if the guy had said  sorry about that..but those are the new prices I would have growled but as I hate change said OK. But As they lied I had to change stuff and that is a pia.  So long and the short of this is that sometime you just gotta change.

karl

Welcome Back AZ.. Hats off to FC and Doc Hess well done sirs.

karl  

We're pretty far in the sticks too, Karl.  There are outside antennas that aren't too expensive.  Get one with a rotor on it and mount it on the roof.  And there's lots of you toobes on building your own directional TV antenna for practically free.

Here in geezer ville aka the villages  no one has a outdoor directional  antenna   or a chimney to put it on.

I know that they work or that a booster can help   I used to work for Radio shack  but no joy here

I tried most of the indoor ones  and no go, but ya know I am thinking of making one   but the Hippy does not like stuff taped to her wall but if I can hide it behind a bookcase?

karl

Don't know if it will work for you. In 71 had an apt and outside antenna were not allowed. My B&W Tv's built in single pole antenna bordered on useless. After a neighbor showed me his, I tried it and it helped with picture and eliminated the snow from Phoenix stations. 

Got about 20 or 30 feet of antenna flat wire and stuck it where the wall met ceiling. Spread it out on three walls. Don't know why but I was told to strip the ends twisting the metal wire together. As close to center as possible, splice in a flat wire to the Tv. Nowadays you'd need one of the fittings to convert flat wire to to a cable fitting. The home made job also considerably improved the reception of my FM tube radio eliminating the fuzz from S sounds.