Military Firearm Restoration Corner

FL. felon voting rights...

MorgansBoss

Just read an article that FL's stringent restoration of rights for convicted felons was overturned.  What I found interesting though was the backstory leading up to this decision.  How one party had loosened the criteria, the other re-tightened it.  How it was declared a partisan move, etc... 

I'm not going down the whole "paid their debt..." trail.  These are convicted felons, not accused.  Guilty or not.  Whether the law that was violated is just or not, they were convicted of serious crimes.  That can be reconsidered case-by-case, but such penalties should not be viewed with blanket rulings.   The simple fact that one party identifies with them, while the other doesn't..., let me put that another way, the simple fact that ONE PARTY IDENTIFIES WITH THEM. :blink:  Well, that right there is the story.  THAT is the issue.  

I know somebody that got her rights restored after 20+ years going through a lot of lengthy red tape. The big factor was not being convicted of a violent crime and making financial restitution + interest to the victims. She can now vote, posses firearms and recently got a CCW. She did it the hard way, getting her rights restored by the Az Governor. To give a blanket restoration to all felons including sex offenders and those convicted of a violent crime is beyond total f-ing horse sh!t. Another desperate attempt by Demoncrats to get more votes from those feeding on the govt teat. 

I spent a day every year for nine years often traveling hundreds of miles to appear and speak at a child molester's parole hearings. Myself and other parents were determined to keep the creep locked up. We deliberately avoided his last year so he'd be released on parole beyond his ten year sentence. After the victims passed 18 years of age we were finally privy to police reports. After reading what he did with 12-14 year old girls. Just the idea of the weirdo like that being allowed to vote raises my blood pressure. He got off light, only ten years but the girls being ashamed of their activity. Were all unreliable witnesss and he got off with a plea bargain.