Military Firearm Restoration Corner

ARs

FC

AR's are just being used.  The mass killings, almost always by Democrats with mental health issues, are used by the Democrats to try to disarm us.  You can see it in what happened in other countries like England and Australia.  In England,  they had banned all guns except single shot shotguns.  Then some guy walks down the street with a single shot shotgun and does a mass killing, casually reloading along the way.  So they banned those too.  That's what the left wants to do to us.  Oh, just ban these mean looking rifles, then we'll all be happy and we promise to stop the mass murders.  Then they will go after something else, and eventually will come for your lever action rifle, Mauser and revolver. 

It's not that it has a high capacity magazine, is easy to reload, is semi-automatic, etc.  The problem they really have with them is that when you pull the trigger, a bullet comes out.  That just can't be, and they want to ban them because of it.

That's why we can't let them ban AR's. 

I have a feeling AR's and AK's will eventually be considered NFA weapons. We all know what happened with full autos after the sunset on newly manufactured and banned imports. Today one at less than 20 G's is a bargain. Wish I hadn't been a cheapskate while my shooting bud bought a new in box Colt M-16 A1 for a little under a grand and a brand new M-60 for about 1600. His 16 is for sale for 25,000 if anybody is interested. 

4 hours ago, karlunity said:

No thanks AZ  I just never liked the M 16 to start with. 

Wish they let me keep my m 14

During the early 80's at the NRA Convention. I was in the showroom with my friend that lost his eyesight in Nam. He was in Nam the early part making the transition from the 14. When he discovered I was talking to a rep in the Colt area. Hi lit in to that guy about the M-16. The rep made the mistake of of saying you should have kept it clean. My friend loudly responded with you issued them without cleaning kits claiming they were self cleaning. As the rep blamed it on ammo. My bud then lost his temper and I had to get between them, he was trying to figure out which direction to swing. My friend was so loud the crowd went silent as he layed out a string of profanities about Colt and McNamara. 

During the war my friend was choppered in to assist some Marines. By the time they arrived the Marines were all dead. Some probably wounded unable to fight were bayoneted. The VC were gone and didn't bother to take the 16's. Many were disassembled and my friend found one a Marine had put a stick down the barrel obviously trying to unjam it. 

Sad. Anyway, we can defend the right to own destructive devices, but may, in the end, lose the war. The PR war appears to be lost. Remember the Street Sweeper sho gun? It was as banned and we didn’t pay we The our guns. Tommy gun sales, same thing. Those lives lost, and Vegas too, weren’t worth it. I have a modified SKS, and I like it a lot. But in the wrong hands it’s capable of killing 40 people in a big hurry. My Winchester 94 can’t do that. I can tell you that many people I know feel that AR owners care more about their right to own one than the victims. Perceptions mean a lot. I can’t find it now, but a guy we know in his 20s, put up a political cartoon of Uncle Sam lying over the NRA, with bloody bodies around. “It’s okay, you’re safe!” Seeing a regular guy like him putting this up is a good  sign.  I’d rather see the NRA appear willing to negotiate. Problem is, there are no gun debates withige by as and cherry picking the statistics in their favor. Can all of us be trusted with ARs? Yeah, but what’s available to us is also available to gangs. What’s manufacturer is available, and what’s not manufactured is not.