Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Trigger Work

mrcosmos

Hi There,

To reduce the weight of pull requires that you reduce the amount of sear engagement. You will never get the Le Enfield trigger down really low as the sear spring is also the magazine latch spring. Removing the first stage is also possible but usually results in a rotten hard pull or one with lot's of creep.

Beofre you do anything at all I would suggest that you aquire a new trigger and sear just in case wink.gif Oh and the pull is also relient on the fit of the forestock on the Enfields excepth the No4Mk2 whihc has the trigger mounted on te rear of the action. The angle of the trigger guard on the earlier No4's and the No1's alters the angle of the trigger and sear relationship and so alters the pull. When I got my last No4 the pull was an awful long rolling single affair. I brought new sear and trigger just in case and found that some oen had tried to file one of the humps on the trigger. I smoothed off the file marks carefully with a stone then with the forestock removed tried putting the guard back on and got a two stage trigger. Checking the stock which was a new replacement one I found that it had not been inletted properly, correcting this gave the proper pull.

The two stage trigger is a fine trigger and personally I cannot see why some one would want to remove this wink.gif

• 4 months later...