Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Martini Enfield

dave h

I'm in the proccess of importing a Martini action into Australia from Canada . Not to be out done a mate brought one localy (for 4x the amount ) & anounced his going to rebarrel it to .303brit imp ! So a unoifical race has begun ! Already daggers have been drawn ! WE both use the same barrel & stock maker ! I'd already ordered my barrel (chambered in 270-303 imp) Now the 270-303 was one of the fist wild cats formed by AUSSIE Gunsmiths ,But ! The improved verstion that I have obtained the reamer for is one of 2 that were built & then were thought to have been lost ,as only one was ever heard of ! My mate has found this out from our barrel maker & is wild ! So a race has begun to see who can beg /bribe our Barrel Maker & Stockmaker to finnish our rifle first !

Dave

So I wonder if your mate is kombi76?

I know that a fellow Australian has just aquired a Citidel marked .303 Martini action and is going to go with the .303 Imp. It seems just too much to not be the same chap.

Well good luck to the pair (maybe three) of you and I look forward to seeing the finished rifles. Perhaps I should get on with my Martin project as well.

He sure is Kev ! I reckon there's going to be a couple of beaut Matrinis getting round the traps in the next 12mths or so ! I think I've convinced him to come over to my neck of the woods this year for some serious hunting ! (just got to convince him to bring that little 25-20 over for me ! It will go well with my Martini Hornet !)

Dave