Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just My Luck

Horsefly

Saturday I came out of the attic on this house we just remodeled,102 degrees and I was soaking wet with sweat from running new phone wires,when a county sheriff walks up to the garage and ask me to step outside.He wanted to know who the owner of the house was and what vehichles I owned.He wouldn't tell me for a long time what was going on and the whole time,another deputy was standing behind me watching me.He found a couple scratches on my 93 Ford truck and wanted to know how they happened.After calling in my license and asking me several times where I had been all day,he finally told me there had been a hit and run in Irving and a witness had given a tag no. that was traced to our address.The lady we bought the house from has a jackass loser jailbird in and out of trouble son that hit and killed someone and he took off.His car was still registered to this address.The Irving police called the next day and ran me through the ringer.At first I was pretty concerned,but the cops were real proffesional type dudes just doing their jobs.I just wish I knew if they caught the jerk.The Irving police had his name,so he's probably up schmitt creek witout a paddle in a chickenwire boat.Jerry

They wanted to know where the scratches on a '93 Ford truck came from?

Hell, they should see my old '91 Dodge! Each scratch, dent, rust hole has a story of it's own. I could keep them entertained for hours!

fritz

So one afternoon my dog sounds the alarm and I notice a blacl Taurus pulling into my driveway. I go and to see whats up. Old cop in the car asking me if I owned a blue Ford LTD. Nope, just the Jag, the ranger and a Buick that me wife took to work. Said that someone in a the LTD gased and dashed at some station I never did figure out where. Witnesses gave the police plate numbers that matched my Ranger. Said he was just following up on the lead and gave me his card incase I needed someone to run a plate or some cop muscle. Weird feeling. I was lucky that for once in my life my entire fleet of vehicles all had front plates. He checked the truck.