Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Retirement Cottage

fritz

Fritz,

Do you have your eye on on that bridge (like a good troll)?

I'm accused constantly of being a troll and not wanting to be around annoying other people. Sometimes there is truth in accusations.

Fritz, will this become your new White House?

I like it, but I'll have to pass on the snow. I've been up Rod's way in January, and I have experienced all the snow I care for thank you. I'm from Texas where its miserably hot and humid - not cold.

I may never have a retirement cottage. Right now though, I would settle for a nice wood floored 3 br 2 bath country home on 5 acres of East Texas pines. That's my plan. And that's where I want to be in three years.

"Fritz, will this become your new White House?"

Let me say this to that, every powerful leader has had a special place to retreat to when the going gets rough. Eisenhower had his Camp David. Reagan used both Camp David and his ranch in California. Clinton went to Camp David and wherever Monica was. George Bush had a place in Kennebunkport, Maine. GW has a place in Crawford, Texas. Carter probably used Camp David (when he wasn't fending off mad rabbits). We all know about the Kennedy family's retreat up in Massa2shits. And Nixon, well he went to China, and Ford played golf. Let me not forget our great? President from Texas (LBJ). He drafted me, and while I served he held barbecues on the Perdernales.

So, if I so choose to make my retreat on a trout stream, along with snow and warm wood fires, I will do so.

Beats a Texas drought anyday!

The Secret Service will not tell where the satellite dish is, national security issues are involved.

fritz

The bridge is a nice touch.Who wants their yard workers and maids having to swim a river everyday?Jerry

i wonder how many are quite profficient at swimming rivers..... ;-)

"MY RETIREMENT COTTAGE HAS MESQUITE AND CACTUS AROUND IT AND THE CREEK IS PRETTY DRY RIGHT NOW IN COLEMAN,TX."

That sounds about like where I reside now, and the main reason to retire in a less arid place.

In other words, I feel your pain.

fritz