Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Anybody Marching Today?

fritz

Today is Martin Luther King Day, and there are going to be marches held all over the country.

It would take a real die-hard believer (or a fool) to march here today. We have been having rain for several days and now the temp is dropping into the upper 20s tonight. Look for ice on the roads, with sleet and very cold winds. Makes me cold just thinking about it, and thinking about the cows exposed to the elements for another 2 days at least.

No, I don't need to go marching today. My ear infections still have not cleared and I cannot hear worth a damned. That and running a fever. The only times I go outside are to put out more hay.

A question for the medicos here---what do you do when penicillin and cortisone don't work? I have been taking them for a week and no help yet.

fritz

I am celebrating Robert E. Lee's birthday.

My wife decided we should check out another church. We were the only whites there. I am still trying to get what's left of my hearing back. One part ended up being strikingly similar to the Blues Brothers in the black church. One fellow went into a frenzied dance after a woman in a peach dress almost shaked her bumper off. The feller with "bishop" on both sleeves of his vestment sure eyeballed me as he walked by. The quartet was pretty good. A few people greeted us, which was nice. Still, not my style.

Nobody marching here either in good old Woodland,CA My boss closes shop on this day cause some of our customers questioned why we were open. I live in Woodland but I work in Davis CA. It's a college town so ther are a lot of radicals P.C.s and a lot of them just don't care. Me, I could use the money as I'm sending our daughter to grad school. Maybe when she gets a job she'll help with the bills. I'm sorry, just sounding off. It's lonely at the bottom but I look at it this way, at the bottom you can't get lower.!! S.S.

no marching were lucky to just get outside for firewood..we got hit hard here with ice...1 1/2" of ice stop"s everything ..powers been off several times..lots of tree limbs down...power lines.. got plenty of dry wood .. i"ll take snow anyday over ice..

karl, i agree, wholeheartedly. but only if you deserve it. i don't think ALL people should be treated the same... assholes come in all colors and creeds. i like to think i am an equal-opportunity hater! ;-) i don't care where you came from or what color you are, if you're an ass, you're an ass!

(goes without saying, i hope, that the reverse is true. if you're a good person, you're a good person, regardless of color or creed.)

I agree wholeheartedly with Karl and 724wd, and no, I won't be marching today. I live 15 miles, give or take, from 724wd and its damn cold here. 8 degrees on my front porch. spent some time out in it helping a friend get her car started, that was enough for me! stay warm, steve

Yeah, I marched my sorry old tired butt off to work today. Then I marched 40# cast Iron castings from the pallet to the machine and back again. That's enough marching for today, enough for 57 year old legs and back anyway.

I do agree with some of you guys, everyone should be treated equal, but sometimes it's hard to do that.

Rebel49

Fritz,

How long have you been taking your penicillin? It should start working pretty quick, but there's a lot of evil bacteria out there that have figured-out how to fight penicillin off. Did they try to culture the infection? If it isn't getting better you shouldn't hesitate to call your doc and tell them. You might need a differenct antibiotic.

The cortisone should be helping inflammation, and it should be working. If it's been a week and you're not getting better it's time for a change of plans.

But you may just be onery and impatient too.

BTW I completely agree with Karl's assessment, we're all equal in God's eyes, to the extent that we are in our nation's eyes also is to the benefit of our country.

DT,

I used penicillin for a week, and the cortisone was empty in 5 days. Still had penicillin left, but found out (the hard way) that I was allergic to it. So no antibiotics until I see the ENT on friday, which was the appointed day to go back. mrs fritz was supposed to call him today and give him the update.

You should see the pretty "tattoos" all over my chest, back, and legs. If it weren't so damned cold I could go hunting without a shirt and still be camoflaged. But it don't itch yet, and I believe I can make it until friday to start plan B.

I thought for sure that sometime in my 63 years that I had taken penicillin without a reaction---I was wrong.

fritz

I volunteered to march in one of our areas MLK memorial marches........I showed up wearing a white suit with matching white wide brim hat and a long black fake moustache carrying a whip......told the HNIC that I would like to march at the rear of the parade where I could snap my whip.......in fact....if he so desired.....I could touch up the stragglers......

He declined my offer.