Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Emul8, Come Home

swamp_thing

Recent events have got me to thinking that it is time for the older ones of this forum whom have been mostly absent need to return to their old glory days. Emy, you were one that I could always count on to see new posts from and they almost always made me smile, even if just for a little while. True, many have been faithful to the site through thick and thin, but also true is that many of us have let life's other events get in the way of our extended families here. Come home Em, we miss ya!

swamp_thing

This goes for anyone else who has faded away as well. Let's all try to hang around a bit more and be heard.

Oops! See how bad I am, only reading this thread now!

I do truly appreciate the sentiments expressed by the members here around my occasional fly-by on this board. It's quite flattering! I will do my best to participate more frequently, and to do so with wit, intelligence and grace ( I know, why start now, eh? LOL!).

Forgive my absences, whilst I allowed myself to get mired in all the bland machinations of life. I generally find these forums that I visit to be a wonderful respite from the mundane, so I can't for the life of me figure out why it is that I don't visit more often...maybe if I actually turned my computer on a little more frequently that would help? LOL!

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome!

Emmy,Why not take time soon and write us a full report on what your up too and what you think of New Mexico.They seem to not care much for Texicans there,but I love Red River,Toas,and Eagles Nest.Better not include your address in the report,'cause your in for a butt kicking for not keeping in touch.Jerry

I'm still around. I haven't forgotten any of you. Since returning from Iraq last Novmenber I have been quite busy making up for lost time. I have been remodeling my home and shooting sporting clays with my sons. I took on a new job that requires more travel than I expected. Maybe I can do something about that in the next few months.

Last week I received a new Ruger No.1 in 9.3X74R caliber. I am in the process of gathering cases, dies, load data, and a bullet mold. What fun! I would love to use it on a wild pig hunt. It would be the first time for me. I have an old French MAS 36 rifle that I have thought of restocking it with fine wallnut shaped like a Savage 99, slow rust bluing the metal, and converting it to 450 Marlin. Maybe this winter. So many projects, so little time.

Emmy,Why not take time soon and write us a full report on what your up too and what you think of New Mexico.They seem to not care much for Texicans there,but I love Red River,Toas,and Eagles Nest.Better not include your address in the report,'cause your in for a butt kicking for not keeping in touch.Jerry

Hey Rev, It's good to see you around. I was wondering where you have been. Glad to hear all is well.

Tom