Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Building Enfields

roscoedoh

Nice pic of the LaPour Don. I have thought about using one of these on a future Enfield but I'm going to finish the ones I got going now before any new ones! 8-)

The issue safety works well for me but is not the prettiest for sure. Mind sharing what LaPour gets for those? I'm FFL but here I think only disclose retail. BTW could you bring up any of my pics from the prior post? Thanks, Larkin

Nice pic of the LaPour Don. I have thought about using one of these on a future Enfield but I'm going to finish the ones I got going now before any new ones! 8-)

The issue safety works well for me but is not the prettiest for sure. Mind sharing what LaPour gets for those? I'm FFL but here I think only disclose retail. BTW could you bring up any of my pics from the prior post? Thanks, Larkin

Yep pics came up fine and I just bought the last one Ed has, it'll be awhile before he does another run. I'm not planning on using it for the winnie I'm working on now, but when he told me it might be a long while to get one (years) I bought his last one, I think it's the one he used on the website.

-Don

Here's the winnie I just started to work on, I still have to finish milling the rear bridge and open up the rails for the extended mag box. The bolt is just tacked because I'm not sure of the angle until I can drop it in a stock. The mag bos is sitting on my front scope base, when I get it back in the mill I'll cut the dovetails for the rings.

-Don

gb1063.jpg

gb1062.jpg

• 8 months later...
Fellas,

Here are the pictures Brad has referenced:

Here is a picture of two possibilities for bolt handles on Enfields:

enfbolt.jpg

Here is what you can do with the ejector boxes:

enfejbox.jpg

Here is a straightened triggerguard:

enftg.jpg

(Note the 8x68s cartridge propping the TG up ;) )

Sorry for not getting them up sooner, but I've been busier than a one-armed paperhanger on a deadline the last couple weeks.

Thanks!

Jason

I am somewhat new to this forum.

Some 15 years ago, long before digital photography, I reworked a P14 to .300 win mag.

I used a good barrel from a Model 1917 (30-06). Cut the Threads longer to fit the P14 receiver.

Recut the chamber (checking headspace al the time).

Left bolthandle as is, same with the safety. Used a magazine box from "Numrich", same as for .375 H&H.

Opened the cartrigdewell a little bit and lengthend the follower somewhat to fit the cartrigdes.

Shaped the rearbridge like a Remington and installed a Redfield one piece base with a 6X All American scope

and put it in a cheap hardwood stock from century arms, when they were still here in Montreal.

I wish, I hadn't gotten rid of it. But that how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

It shot like a varminter.

• 3 months later...

Since we are talking about P14's and M1917's and all the great work that has been showcased here I kinda feel like a piker. All I want is for someone to remove a good P14 bbl from a bubba'd P14 receiver and install it oon a stock unmolested receiver. Reason, have been wanting a P14 with good bbl in 303 british for shooting cast bullets. Have most of the parts, blonde stock, missing the two upper hand guard stocks and barrel bands. Leave the ears alone stick in a set of winchester sight ladder and reassemble. The receiver that's to be rebarreled is in nice condition, except for scattered pitting on the wood line and across the receiver ring. Both rifles are marked EY but one receiver is in poor condition and the other is in nice shape.No blueing would be needed because the origional finish matches up pretty good. Should be a fairly simple job. If fact you could cut the receiver itself instead of using a lathe with cutter to make the cut on the circumference of the bbl. The barreled receiver is in poor condition. Oh and set the head space something like .04thousandths instead what its normally

set for. So for the above it looks like maybe a one week to do all that and fit a good P14 mag box, one that hasn't been ground down or welded on. Frank

• 2 weeks later...