Military Firearm Restoration Corner

You College Students Should Keep Eating Your Ramen Noodles And Drinking Your Beer..

karlunity

You college students should keep eating your ramen noodles and drinking your beer..

Double Trouble

You know I still love ramen noodles!!

Gentlemen, question:

What is the worst beer you drank in school?

I would have to say "Foxhead" at 3 bucks a case was the worst.

It was so bad that you had to be drunk to drink it!!!!! : )

karl

karl, i'm in school now, my second year, and the worst beer that there is....Beer 30. yep, thats the name. i just stick to my miller lite...i expierenced taste loss from bud lite, and its more expensive than miller. The worst wiskey....old crow. we've drank er' all at Glenville state college.

brenden

Worst was probably Milwaukee's Best. Though I still can't drink Busch. I get sick as a dog on it. It was at every keg party.

Drank a lot of Keystone and we used to chip in to buy a case of long neck Goebel for about 5 bucks.

I still love Ramen noodles but can't even look at a box on mac n cheese.

Anyone have any good Ramen noodle recipes? We used to add a can of tuna or some ground beef to em all the time.

Worst beer?

Pabst Blue Ribbon! I drank a river of this stuff at $1/bottle. It was cheap and got the job done. It's thicker than Budweiser and will very surely give you trots the next day after the headache wears off. Takes a dedicated drunkard to drink it - that stuff'd put some hair on your chest!

I haven't touched Pabst since I graduated. Coincidentally, after I quit drinking it, my bar quit stocking it. Makes me wonder if they kept it just for me... ;)

Also...I haven't touched Ramen noodles since my sophomore year when I got a credit card. I decided that I'd rather be in debt than eat Ramen noodles ever again. Two and a half years out of school and I'm still paying on that card but at least I'm eating better.

Worst I ever had was named East Side Old Tap. In 1967 a case of 24, 12 oz bottles was only 2.39 plus a nickel per bottle deposit and a buck for the cardboard container it came in. At our boondockers we'd protect the bottles and were willing to fight before letting anybody break them. Without doing the math, including sales tax we'd pay a little less than 5 per case and get a good portion of our money back on the bottle and carton deposit. If we couldn't afford the beer we would have to settle for Ripple, it was only 69 cents a bottle and we didn't have to fool with bottle deposits. I remember drinking the beer warm a few times becuase we couldn't scrape up the money for enough ice and it was only 25 cents per bag.

Any of you Texans remember Pearl, "From the Country of 1100 Springs”, and Falstaff? One of them made house brand beer for either HEB or Handy Andy. Can't remember what it was called but I remember it either had a riddle or some such under the cap. I also remember around that time six packs of white cans labled "Beer". That was the beginning of the Generic movement. I don't recall ever having the guts to actually try it.

Worst beer if you can call it that was one of those Malt Liquers but it was in a mint flavor. Drank some on a dare, it was worse than drinking scope, yuck!!! I remember drinking Schlitz Malt liquer when young and getting quite ill. I also remember trying some about 20 years later and not even being able to swallow it.

Ya Mike,Pearl,Falstaff,and Lone Star were the only beers I knew about as a kid.Hamms was what my Dad drank,but his brothers all drank Miller Highlife.Now the popular Texas beer is Shiner Bock.It's a good,strongish,sorta dark beer,but not cheap.I'm not real picky about beer if is someone elses,but just can't,won't,drink Milwaukee's Best or Moose Head. Jerry

You know funny thing about this is that when we were younger, we could drink all the beer we wanted to but could not afford it. Now we can afford it but cannot drink it, unless we run every day or want to weight in at 300 lbs :(

Karl

Yeah, Karl, most of us ain't 22 anymore. About 2-3 is my limit anymore. And that's eaches, not six's.

I remember Pearl. The guys behind me (in Bryan) had a kegerator and we always kept a keg of Pearl in it. It cost about $23/keg in the mid 80's. The draft was actually pretty good. The Pearl in bottles was not the same quality.

Rhinelander, err that was high school. Black Label was pretty awful. A bar I frequented served daft beer called "Sudz" after the name of said bar. This had to be what the distributor found left over aqnd paid the barkeep to take it off his hands.

Then again Coors Light is pretty damn godawful.

As far as the worst of the worst goes, I'd have to say Dixie in the early 80's. We ordered some beer on a ship for stores and the Louisiana agent brought that stuff out, while charging premium, I'm sure. Many that was some bad stuff. Also, my dad drank Keg, and I think it was just about as bad.

I think the second horriblest beer I ever drank in college was Lone Star. Ugh...

I don't and won't drink Coors Light so I can't comment. I'd just as soon drink water than Coors L.

Nowadays, since I can afford it, I drink Shiner or Guinness. Hard to go wrong with them. However, I find myself drinking less and less these days. Hangovers just plain hurt and I wish my 21 year old girlfriend could understand that...

I recall a lot of Old Milwaukee being around. We called it "Old Milk". I remember a few times scraping together change and actually having to resort to the generic "BEER". That was bad.

When we were rich it was Henry Winehardt's, and man was that good!

College would have been really fun if it wasn't for all the studying.