Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Target Rifle Out Of Mosin Nagant?

mohctep

do a search on the finnish TKIV 85 sniper rifle & the finnish model 28-66 target rifle, there are also russian biathlon versions & army match versions. valmet made a adjustable trigger for the mosin nagant, i'm tring to locate one for my heavy barrel mosin project.

Holy Smokes!

You guys build some really AWESOME rifles around here! :D

Except for having target sights instead of a scope,that is pretty much what I would love to do someday.

First I will have to come up with the $$ to complete my target mauser project-but it never hurts to dream about future plans huh?

id like to see that trigger it might be the last bit of arm twisting i need to buy a couple mosins

they are very hard to find outside of finland. it took me at least 6 months to find out it was valmet that made them & i still haven't found one for sale or any idea of where to get one yet.

some of the romainian 91/30's also have a different trigger & sear that adjustable, i've had no luck locating one of those either.

for the safety i'm trying to find a picture of one a finn m27 that was modified to take a mauser safety so i can see how it was done. i'm also studying the greek ms 1903/14 safety to see if it can be adapted to a mosin because their bolts are very similar