Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ethanol Damages 2 Cycle Engines

FC

We have potently the ability to create ALL the fuel we would ever need ..here and now..if the dam greens and dems would get out of the way.

Raise up...contect the pols tell them no drill...no vote.

Atomic power is cool too.

Karl

We have potently the ability to create ALL the fuel we would ever need ..here and now..if the dam greens and dems would get out of the way.

Karl, without taking sides on on the subject of drill versus no-drill, I just wanted to point out that drilling is not "creating" anything, it just draws from a resource created by nature over millions of years. Oil reserves will eventually go away, even if it is long after we are dust. We need long term sustainable energy options regardless of anyone's opinions on when or where to tap other sources of crude.

First how could alcohol fuels damage an engine when you mix oil in the gas? No oil equals damage, oil equals no damage! I have run alcohol engines for years without damage.

Next how about Anti-matter? The most powerful thing known to man! And we have already captured enough of the stuff to destroy us. Captured but not usable. If the containment field folds we are dust. But if we can harness its power we are a win win.

Just my two cents.

Swampy

Oil reserves will eventually go away, even if it is long after we are dust. We need long term sustainable energy options regardless of anyone's opinions on when or where to tap other sources of crude.

I seem to recall reading a study that oil was not the result of dead plants and dino but a natural and recurring product of the earth.

Still, I agree that we do need new forms of energy, which is why I support atomic and hopefully, soon, fusion power.

Karl

I think all my small engines--mowers, weed eaters ect--have ethanal warning stickers. All my cars and trucks are old so I do not use ethanol. Ethanol causes fuel pump damage in older beasts so I pay more for regular gas. Iowa lowered the taxes on ethanol decades ago and it is now about 10 cents cheaper per gallon.

Need a new energy source. Have a manhattan Project for energy independence and a Marshall Plan to implement it. Just bring that old car or truck into the shop and get a new fusion/hydrogen/ect engine without forcing everyone to buy a new car. Then tell the Arabs to go fook themselves.