Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Relationship Question For Anyone.

Sailormilan2

Well, I am not expert by no means. But, I would not look back and run. Don't stop. After the first date with the new "girlfriend", never bring up your ex. It's just my rule. I found out that most new "girlfriend" think that you are comparing them to the ex. And always remember that your ex did you a favor. :lol:

Rob :lol:

• 2 months later...

I just thought I would post a bit of an update. After 3 months, I am still "dating" the new lady. I used the word "dating" in quotes, as she used that word last night for the first time in 3 months. She still cannot call us "boyfriend/girlfriend". According to her, we are "good friends who hold hands, and hug". I think she is scared to admit it.

I cooked her dinner last weekend, and she was excited. Nobody has ever cooked dinner for her before. She is still talking about it, and told me Friday she was craving "Chinese stir fry" which is what I had cooked.

I took her on her first motorcycle ride 3 weeks ago, and now, I can't keep her off of it. We had discussed trips but she had limited them to 2 days, because of her dogs. Well, we now have a 3 day trip planned riding up Hwy 49 here in CA, through the Gold Country the first weekend in May. 3 days, at her suggestion.

She has wanted a ride on my motorcycle since the first lunch date, but I refused until she got her own helmet, which she now has. We are now talking/planning trips all over the place. She wants a ride to the Danish tourist town of Solvang here in CA, a ride up Hwy 1 to Monterey to see the Aquarium there, and this Sunday we are riding down to the Huntington Art Gallery and Museum.

I sent her pictures of some of the rifles I have built, so she now wants to see my shop. Hmmmmm, that means I need to clean/organize it a bit first. She loved what I had done, so she has asked me to teach her to shoot. Very few people in her family have guns, so she knows next to nothing about them. She doesn't want me to teach her daughters.....yet. She is afraid the ex's family will have a fit and take her back to court. I think our first shooting lesson will be in about 3 weeks. Her daughters are jazzed that I am taking her, since I am getting their mom to do new things. Which she tends not to do, by her own admission.

She has been asking me questions about self defense and the use of force, since I am a retired LEO. There have been several breakins in her neighborhood recently, one while the owner and kids were at home. I know she is concerned as a single parent with 2 young daughters at home.

My son and I went up to her place and rototilled part of her back yard so she and her daughters could put in a garden. She is just thrilled, as is the youngest daughter who has her doubts about me. She now has her garden, a bit bigger than she planned, but her garden, non the less. :rolleyes:

MotorcycleMamma.jpg

Sailormilan2, your posting seems to indicate that you are back enjoying life and approaching your new relationship in a manner that a mature person needs to take. Slow and easy does allow time for reflection, as the relationship develops.

Your lady does appear to fit that bike well.

We all wish you continued happiness.

Spiris

Dale, looks like you're doing good. Gold country (Hwy 49) is the best trip in the world, nothing like it, history or scenery or plain old quaintness.

Omigod, you're not really going to take her into your shop, are you??? She'll faint!

Is that Stockdale behind her?

Way to go, buddy.

Brad