Military Firearm Restoration Corner

El Sweede Complete

wfpack14

I recieved the final package today from z1r, and it is complete all that is left is to go and sight it in tomorrow, and shoot a deer this weekend. The gun is 1936 Mauser 98 small ring action, a number 3 contour shilen barrel 6.5x55 Sweede, satterlee arms 3 position safety, military bottom metal, and a stock from one of z1r's dealers.

Chambering, truing, drilling and tapping, new bolt handle, inletting of stock was completed by z1r. Gun was blued by Mark Waldo, and stock finishing was done by me.

This is my first custom rifle and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. We had a few bumps in the road, but z1r was great to work with, I would highly recomend z1r to anyone. Without further yaking, here are some pictures.

100_0996.jpg

100_0997.jpg

100_0998.jpg

100_1002.jpg

100_1003.jpg

100_1000.jpg

For right now I will be using 140 grain Win Soft point factory rounds, No time for load development, however my plan is to use 120 grain BTSX bullets I am hopeing to hit 3000 FPS with them.

I really like the 3 pos safety, just what I am used to.

i was gonna be all snarky and tell you it was junk and you should send it to me... but it's just TOO NICE! that's a great looking rifle. congratulations to all involved!

heath

Very nice work all the way around. Z's bolt handles are as nice as the neat little slot he cuts for them. Not like Winchester who leaves enough gap around it to store snacks while you're hunting!

sweet looking gun. Your all set up, bi-pod and everything. Need to get my sweed started. What type of base/rings combo did you use?

Brenden

It is talley lw ring and base in one deal, its just a bit low to use my Ziess Conquest 3x9 scope so I had to borrow a VX-III from a friend for the year.

Very nice work all the way around. Z's bolt handles are as nice as the neat little slot he cuts for them. Not like Winchester who leaves enough gap around it to store snacks while you're hunting!

Hi, new to this forum. Excellent work on your new rifle. And really like the way the bolt handle work turned out. Classic is the word I would use. Best of luck on your hunting with it. Regards, Frank

• 4 weeks later...