Military Firearm Restoration Corner

mark#4 in different cal.

sonic1

i have came across a couple of ruff mark#4 i need some ideals for dfferant cal. that will work on them ..i see some going 7.62x54 ..will a .444 marlin work.?

changing barrels are not a problem.. just looking for something that feeds will and

within pressure range..

Take a look at the 405 Winchester. Unless I'm dreaming, I think I've read somewhere where a fellow got some of these to feed in a Lee-Enfield. I think they share the same case head as well.

www.rhinelandarms.com

these guys sell the stuff so you can build your own..i would like a barrel a little longer but they say this is the only one they sell..

what bore and groove does a .45acp use???? numrich has some barrel blanks but

they may be for a .45long colt..

The 450 Marlin might work.

I believe that SOG was carrying some commercially modified #4 Mk1s that were modified to 45-70.

They're made by Gibbs Rifle Company and sold as the Gibbs Summit Carbine. Though Gibbs is sold out of them, the rifles can still be had for under $500 and I'm thinking the last couple I saw were selling for closer to $350. They're neat; they're nickled and some even have a synthetic stock. All you have to do is shoot it; no work. One of these might be something to think about in leau of starting another project. I think it would save you lots of hassle and they sound like fun rifles.

Article on the Gibbs Summit Carbine on Surplus Rifle.com

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
i have came across a couple of ruff mark#4 i need some ideals for dfferant cal. that will work on them ..i see some going 7.62x54 ..will a .444 marlin work.?

changing barrels are not a problem.. just looking for something that feeds will and

within pressure range..

3763[/snapback]

Why not 30/40 Krag. Case heads are nearly same and pressure is less.

• 1 year later...