Military Firearm Restoration Corner

How Do You Tell If You're A Gun Nut?

montea6b

I am reviewing some year end financial stuff, and I came across an overcharge of $45.70. The first thing I thought about was the 45-70 govt round.

Last month while filling my tank at the pump I was trying to stop at $30.00 even. When I ran a couple cents over, I goosed the handle a little more until it came up 30.06.

Anybody else ever catch themselves doing silly things like this, or am I just a freak?

I used to do it when I was a teenager only it was engine size. Can you imagine filling up for 327, 312, 352 etc. It started with me the very first time I filled up my 57 Ford in 1966 and the pump stopped on 2.92. My 57 Ford converible had a 292 engine in it.

When I worked for the Post Office I can recall some form #'s matching caliber size but the only one I remember off the of of my head was form # PS 4570. Had to time punch the 4570 and write down the vehicle's milage.

Just in case anyone decides to use these types of numbers for pin numbers and such, make sure you go very different if you have to change. You could have a brain fart in the middle of a transaction and keep using the wrong number - over and over. And also if you punch in the wrong # a few times an ATM will eat your card and you'll have to call someone and look stupid. At least thats what I've heard. :angry:

I am so much of a gun nut that all my friends and family come to me for advice and questions related to firearms. ;)

In my family whenever anybody gets a new gun they show up at my door to show it off. They ask for advice before buying but rarely follow it. Just wait, eventually a family member will show up with a dis-assembled gun with a bunch of tiny parts in a small box.