Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gunshow Finds

AzRednek

CZ-82-1.gif

Picked it up at a gunshow this past weekend from J&G. Those sales people do it every time!! All I wanted was some Turk 8MM ammo and they twisted my arm into buying another handgun. It is a 9X18 with a 12 shot staggered mag. Came with holster, cleaning rod and one mag. With sales tax cost me 190 + change. Next day I bought an extra mag for 24.95.

I also scored two new Ruger marked leather holsters for 40.00. Both were marked 2nds but I couldn't see a defect in either. I lucked out on 9X18 ammo. A private seller was just setting up and I got 3 boxes of reloadable, boxer primed, brass, Fiochi brand ammo for 30.00.

Prices at the gunshow were absolutely crazy from some vendors. Many accompanied the outrageous prices with a lines of horsesh!t about the govt and Obama. One seller tried to tell me nobody is making civilian ammo trying to justify his 55.00 price for a box of Remington 44/40. Told me US ammo co's are to busy making ammo for the govt for the war in Iraq and it might be years before I can buy any. I told him I don't like having my intelligence insulted and he tried to claim others were getting a hundred a box. After I said "do you think I'm f--ing stupid" he just turned his back to me.

Nice CZ-82 there AZ. It does seem that there is a lot of scalping going on at gunshows. Inflated prices and tons of bullshit.

Spiris

I can't blame sellers with Black Rifles jacking up their prices and getting what ever the market will bear. There is a buying frenzy going on nationwide. As one seller said to me after I remarked "a little high" on his $1600 HK clones. He claimed to have already sold two, had a cash deposit on another and the buyer was out looking for an ATM machine. Some push it to the extreme though like one seller that had a well used CETME marked $999.

Guess it is just my personality. I really get aggravated when gunshow vendors insult my intelligence with pure bullsh!t. Best just to walk away to the next table but I have a bad habit of telling them what I think of their BS line. I usually attend gunshows with totally blind friend that is an avid gun collector. When I see or hear a vendor taking advantage of his blindness with pure dishonesty I feel like knocking them on their ass. On one occasion I almost did but I was able to stop the deal just as my friend was counting his cash.

Have they jacked up the prices on jerky and other crap?

Seems like everything is going up except accessories like scopes, holsters, slings etc. Ammo, especially 223 and 308 are going out of sight. I never checked the price of jerky but did notice more for sale than usual. Friend of mine by phone told me prices started to crash Sunday afternoon. It was a 3 day show