Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Vetterli

swamprat

Anybody enterested in Vetterli? Super neat Swiss design. This rifle would fire 16 rounds against any Eurpoean gun of the day, when they could only fire a high of 6. It was a below the barrel magazine tube with the most empresive lefting and delivery system. Just was wondering if anybody else was saving this great gun. For super info on the Vetterli just do a google search. If you have one then chime in!

Swamprat

• 1 month later...
Anybody enterested in Vetterli? Super neat Swiss design. This rifle would fire 16 rounds against any Eurpoean gun of the day, when they could only fire a high of 6. It was a below the barrel magazine tube with the most empresive lefting and delivery system. Just was wondering if anybody else was saving this great gun. For super info on the Vetterli just do a google search. If you have one then chime in!

Swamprat

I have a couple of these SW ... one still more or less original, and the other appears to have been shortened. I have read of some folks converting the bolt to fire a center fire round which greatly simplifies reloading for this old beast.

Whenever I think of the Vetterli it reminds me of Jules Verne ...

I have a couple of these SW ... one still more or less original, and the other appears to have been shortened. I have read of some folks converting the bolt to fire a center fire round which greatly simplifies reloading for this old beast.

Whenever I think of the Vetterli it reminds me of Jules Verne ...

If you do a search there is a web site that shows how to do the conversion to centerfire.

Swamprat

• 2 weeks later...