Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Walked Away From The Gun Show

karlunity

We have a gun show twice a year.

Nothing big anymore, it went from two buildings 15 years ago to one large hall.

Still, it was nice to walk around and you could usually find enough stuff to cover the cost of admission.

Not today.

Fellas, I kid you not, the line was several hundred folks and that was at 10:45!!!!!!

If the lines were that long outside, it would have been like the subway at rush hour in side.

I said "to heck with it" and got back in the car.

As I was leaving I overheard some fellas who had gone in, walking to their cars, they were not happy...the prices were off the wall, if I heard it correctly I think he said 250 rounds of 9mm for 200 bucks!!!!!!!

karl

karl

It looks like it keeps getting worse. I didn't think it was possible. It's like everyone is buying everything they can get their hands on. I don't have money to pee off like that. I hope it starts getting better. I hope that the a-holes in DC realize they have a lot of people angry and if they push more gun control laws, more of them will break and things could get very bad. If there's a hundred million gun owners, and one in a million snaps, that's a hundred snapping and that's big news. We already had that guy in PA that snapped and capped 3 cops as they came in the door. So, I guess we're at the one in 100 million snap level right now. That's why they are pushing the warnings down about white gun owners that vote Republican. Anyway, I hope they know that backing off the gun control laws will keep us pacified as they rape us with taxes and inflation.

Hey, speaking of inflation, I recently came across an instrument call a "TIPS", for Treasurey Inflation Protected Security. It is a T bill, put out by the Feds, that is indexed to inflation. If it pays 2%, then that is 2% over the published inflation rate. If inflation goes to 20% like under Carter, then they pay 22%. If it hits 100%, then they pay 102%. There are mutual funds that invest only in them. Of course, Reagan started "fixing" the inflation rate reporting so it doesn't accurately reflect the true rate, but still, that's about the safest investment out there right now.

If your talking about the Dallas, Market Hall gun show, my son attended that one. He got in line at 8:15AM, the show opened at 9:00AM, and he said the line was already 75yds long. He said by 8:45AM he was feeling real good about where he was as the line had reached about 200 yds long.