Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Big 5 Nagants

AzRednek

My next door neighbor, an 18 year old just got a 1943 dated Nagant for 99.00. After he cleaned off the cosmoline, the 1943 dated rifle looks like it had never been shot. If I only had room in my vault for another long rifle I'd grab one.

Inicidently my neighbor and his buddy recently graduated from High School and both were very active with ROTC. My neighbor is headed to Camp Pendelton in November. I recently gave these kids a thrill. They had drilled with demilled 03's in ROTC but couldn't even operate the welded bolt. I took them to the range and let them shoot my 03 along with an AR-15. M-1 Rifle and Carbine. Never for all the years I've taken kids shooting have I seen two that were 100% aware of all the safety rules. The Marine ROTC has taught them well. Usually with kids, they want to see how fast they can empty a semi. These two made every shot count.

My next door neighbor, an 18 year old just got a 1943 dated Nagant for 99.00. After he cleaned off the cosmoline, the 1943 dated rifle looks like it had never been shot. If I only had room in my vault for another long rifle I'd grab one.

Inicidently my neighbor and his buddy recently graduated from High School and both were very active with ROTC. My neighbor is headed to Camp Pendelton in November. I recently gave these kids a thrill. They had drilled with demilled 03's in ROTC but couldn't even operate the welded bolt. I took them to the range and let them shoot my 03 along with an AR-15. M-1 Rifle and Carbine. Never for all the years I've taken kids shooting have I seen two that were 100% aware of all the safety rules. The Marine ROTC has taught them well. Usually with kids, they want to see how fast they can empty a semi. These two made every shot count.

Sounds like some great kids, and im sure they will make some great Marines as well. Tell them an old Dawg wishes them luck at Pendleton.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like some great kids, and im sure they will make some great Marines as well. Tell them an old Dawg wishes them luck at Pendleton.

I have bought a lot of guns over the years from Big 5. They always have nice stuff!