Military Firearm Restoration Corner

98 Mauser Scope Mount

scott63

Does anyone have a source for a one piece tactical style scope mount that isn't 100 bucks? Not a scout. Built in moa would be a plus but not a must have. I bought one off ebay a while back and the rear screw hole is not where it should be, but is close enough that I can't do anything with it on this rifle. Thanks for any help....Scott

Well I saw that one, and the only thing is it looks just like the one I got off ebay with the holes out of spec. The one i got might have been a fluke, guess I can try again, they are cheap enough.....Scott

Is it possible that the hole are off a little on your receiver?

Somewhere, I saw blank picatiny rails, this may be an option for you if you have acsess to a milling machine.

Does anyone have a source for a one piece tactical style scope mount that isn't 100 bucks? Not a scout. Built in moa would be a plus but not a must have. I bought one off ebay a while back and the rear screw hole is not where it should be, but is close enough that I can't do anything with it on this rifle. Thanks for any help....Scott

FYI

There are windage adjustable Weaver style rings out there. If I remember correctly the ones I saw were

by Millet.

Tinker

The EGW mount is $40 and very high quality.

Here I have posed it between a La Coruna commercial Mauser action and a La Coruna military action.

Do not move the mount back on the military so that the two screw holes are in the rear.

That puts the front holes into that that should not be drilled.

post-40-127009577476_thumb.jpg

The EGW mount is $40 and very high quality.

Here I have posed it between a La Coruna commercial Mauser action and a La Coruna military action.

Do not move the mount back on the military so that the two screw holes are in the rear.

I think the EGW is what I've been looking for, thank you............Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone should read this and look at the pics until they fully understand what clark is saying. Thanks Clark!

Don

• 1 year later...