Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mosin Nagant Project

8uck5nort

I picked up a Mosin Nagant that was already in the process of being sporterized. I have worked the inletting to get the action and barrel to fit in the ATI stock. This was kinda of surprising to me. I figured it would just drop right in, but that was not the case. I also threw on the bi-pod as the barrel is really long. I am in the process of buying the ATI Mosin Scope mount kit and will be sending the bolt out for sporterizing to use with scope. I have a timney trigger on order as well so hopefully this will be nice long range shooter to knock some yotes around.

I am going to keep this one in the original caliber for now.

post-5537-127100342752_thumb.jpg

post-5537-127100343566_thumb.jpg

post-5537-127100344074_thumb.jpg

post-5537-127100344685_thumb.jpg

nice start. that barrel shure looks long with that ati stock.

is mosin spelled wrong on the inside of your stock? on mine its spelled moisin :blink:

I really like how long the barrel is. Looks cool! It's long enough you should be able to hit a 100yrd target point blank. :-)

I'll post a few pictures soon of the ATI stock that I extended into a mannlicher stock for a 20" barrel. I coated it in bedliner material afterwards. I will end up putting a butterknife bolt on it, in addition to a Timney Trigger. I am contemplating electroplating it for an all weather mannlicher mosin. Good luck on your adventure. Maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other.

I would be very interested in seeing the Mannlicher stock. The trigger and scope kit should be here next week. So I am getting close to wrapping this up. I'll post pix when I get it finally finished in a month or two.

• 1 month later...

Looking real good. I am impressed with how you got the stock to look. I think my next M-N project will be a mannilicher. I am also waiting on my barreled action to get back from being sandblasted. I am hoping to do a park and then duracoat to put the finishing touches on it in the next month or so. New job is eating up a lot of my time right now.

• 1 month later...

Latest pics of my MN project.

It is all done except for the metqal finishing which I will be doing Aug 15th or the 22nd. Going wth Sniper green on the action and barrel. May even paint the scope rings as well.

It will have a 2x9x50 scope with low rings.

post-5537-128053699722_thumb.jpg

post-5537-128053705784_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yup the duracoat in green is done. It is hanging in the basement to cure. Will get some pics up shortly with the fully assembled rifle and will get a range report soon. They say to let the duracoat cure for two weeks, but I don't know if I can wait that long. Had some parking solution leak into the barrel, so I have that issue to deal with too. Waiting for some advice on how to deal with it or if it is a concern at all.

Darin.

Here it is. Don't have the larger scope yet, but this one will do. Has timney trigger and the ATI stock is piller bedded useing brass pipe fittings.

post-5537-128202115128_thumb.jpg

post-5537-128202120623_thumb.jpg