Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Joy Of Being A Landlord

AzRednek

I spent my day clearing drains for my new tenant. The Previous tenant vandalized the drains before leaving. Bad enough they ripped me for a month's rent but also had to sabotage the drains.

The worse was the washing machine drain. I had to knock out a piece of dry wall to remove the pipe. House was built in 62 and the pipe didn't budge with with a 24 inch pipe wrench. With a cheater I managed to break the pipe at the elbow. I got the remainder of the elbow off by putting my 235 lbs, standing on the long pipe wrench and bouncing on it. Fortunately the toilets, bath tub and shower don't appear sabotaged, they drained ok.

Here is the collection I got out of the laundry drain, kitchen and bathroom sinks. I don't think I've ever wanted revenge so badly in my entire life. No way to prove they did it so going to court will be just a waste of time and money. If I ever have a chance to make life miserable for the previous tenants I'll jump at the opportunity.

AA_DRAIN-1.jpg

I don't understand why someone would do something so rotten. I thought about renting out the trailer on the land we bought, but I don't know now. Suggestions from your experiences on what you would do differently? A guy I know said he looks into prospective tenants cars to see if they are pigs. He also does credit and reference checks.

I don't understand why someone would do something so rotten. I thought about renting out the trailer on the land we bought, but I don't know now. Suggestions from your experiences on what you would do differently? A guy I know said he looks into prospective tenants cars to see if they are pigs. He also does credit and reference checks.

Looking into a prospective tenant's cars is something I always do. They will keep their car as clean as where they live. The particular house I had the vandalism I was desperate for a renter because of the area. Their newer cars were spotless. It is a gang invested, mostly Hispanic area. The current renter's parents live across the street and have been there 20+ for years. She is not real clean but if she moves out I'll know how to track her down. I don't have the ability to check somebody's credit. If somebody does have excellent credit they'd be foolish to rent with all the houses available at give away prices.

AZRedneck,

This is the service I use to check backgrounds of prospective tennants. National Tennant Network. http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr50/111ab/102_0102-1.jpg

I have the prospective tennant sign an authorization for a background check and charge a non-refundable fee to cover the check. Fee to be paid in cash or money order.

This service can provide a credit approval, local and national criminal, homeland security and pedophilia record check.

Vlad

I think the oil industry would call that a junk shot. If that is a prescription medication on the left it may give you a clue as to how recent and who may have clogged the drain. Is that a prune?

I think the oil industry would call that a junk shot. If that is a prescription medication on the left it may give you a clue as to how recent and who may have clogged the drain. It is not a prescription but obviously came from Mexico as the entire label is in Spanish. They used to go to Mexico to see family about twice a month. Is that a prune? Not a prune, not sure which one you're talking about. There were a few small rocks in there.

AZRedneck,

This is the service I use to check backgrounds of prospective tenants. National Tennant Network. http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr50/111ab/102_0102-1.jpg

I have the prospective tennant sign an authorization for a background check and charge a non-refundable fee to cover the check. Fee to be paid in cash or money order.

This service can provide a credit approval, local and national criminal, homeland security and pedophilia record check.

Vlad

Thanks Vlad, I'm saving the link and will try it next time.