Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Sporterized Mosin

sayak

It was made in '42. Shoots accurately, and it was fun to build it into what I wanted it to be. The stock is a Boyds. I had the bolt done by the guy from eBay. The scope mount is an ATI, but I had to cut it back to accomodate the bolt handle.

post-5994-127667191255_thumb.jpg

post-5994-127667216331_thumb.jpg

That's a nice looking rifle. Good job.

Thanks. I have a few more things I want to do, such as a better scope than the Simmons, a Timney trigger, perhaps slightly shorten and re-crown the end of the barrel. I am leaving on the iron sights until I decide for sure about the barrel.

Surprisingly, the MN doesn't kick any harder than my Winchester Model 70 .30.06 even though it doesn't have a butt pad, while the Winny does.

One thing I really like about the MNs is the price of ammo.

Nice looking rifle. The 7.62x54R is everything the -06 is. Can you post a link to the scope mount you used?

Is Timney really making an MN trigger?

I'm surprised you didn't know about the Timney triggers, I found out about them on this site!

Here's their link:

My link

The ATI scope mounts for MNs come with a funky tap and screw on bolt handle. They are all over eBay:

My link

I had to cut my scope mount back a ways to accomodate The bolt handle I had made, which came from this guy:

My link

• 1 month later...

It was made in '42. Shoots accurately, and it was fun to build it into what I wanted it to be. The stock is a Boyds. I had the bolt done by the guy from eBay. The scope mount is an ATI, but I had to cut it back to accomodate the bolt handle.

Looking good, though I would of left the scope mount intact and had a ATI low profile bolt handle done. Great looking stock.

• 4 weeks later...