Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bragging Rights

odies dad

All three of my boys qualified for state in the pedal tractor competition. We went to the Minnesota state pull in Huchinson today. Connor (4) didn't do too well. He went about 8 feet and turned to look behind him. That was the end of that. Dawson (7) was in the top 20 of around 50 boys in his age group. Liam (8 ) took 2nd with a pull of 23 feet 9 inches. First place was only about a foot farther. This is one of the few places I have been with my kids that they didn't look out of place for their size. There were some big farm kids out there.

I'm pretty proud of all of them for qualifying for state say nothing about winning. Liam will be competing in the national pull in Mitchell SD the end of September.

• 2 weeks later...

The kids and the wife went to Nationals today in Mitchell SD. (I had a prior commitment, but was there in spirit.)

Liam took second place again in nationals!

He got a big trophy and the rights to go on to the international pull. I think that is scheduled for next summer in Iowa.

He pulled over 33 feet. He smoked the kid that took first place from him at state. First place in this pull was a full pull.

I am really proud of him.