Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Happy Thanksgiving

karlunity

Happy Thanksgiving to all here.

We had a nice one, The Hippy made a nice dinner and I spent the day reading a history of the Korean war and fixing computers.

The one eared cat came by for dinner : )

What did you fellas do?

Karl

Happy Thanksgiving to all here.

We had a nice one, The Hippy made a nice dinner and I spent the day reading a history of the Korean war and fixing computers.

The one eared cat came by for dinner : )

What did you fellas do?

Karl

We ate turkey, trimmings and pie and had naps. Then I and my my two oldest sons and son-in-law took our shotguns and went snowshoe bunny hunting in the new wet snow while the ladies cleaned up. Only my oldest son connected, but we had fun anyway. Obviously we are not big football lovers.

Just coughed, sputtered, and slept. The cold is better today. I hate being sick! Glad to hear everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Karl, I started watching a series on the Pilgrims on Hulu.com. It was, "The American Experience", of course, put on in part by PBS. It slammed the Pilgrims as radical religionists, and Europeans as evil, of course.

Just coughed, sputtered, and slept. The cold is better today. I hate being sick! Glad to hear everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Karl, I started watching a series on the Pilgrims on Hulu.com. It was, "The American Experience", of course, put on in part by PBS. It slammed the Pilgrims as radical religionists, and Europeans as evil, of course.

A few days ago I heard someone on the radio slamming George Washington because he owned slaves.

I'm wondering what the end game is of these people? They think they can generate a utopia better than the country that they grew up in? I think the answer is just that these people hate those in power, hate authority, hate tradition, and just plain want to fight all the time.

I went to Plymouth Village, MA, a long time ago. A Wompanog woman there was waylaying the Pilgrims and the whites. She really torqued me off. Some employee!

I'm wondering what the end game is of these people? They think they can generate a utopia better than the country that they grew up in? I think the answer is just that these people hate those in power, hate authority, hate tradition, and just plain want to fight all the time.

I went to Plymouth Village, MA, a long time ago. A Wompanog woman there was waylaying the Pilgrims and the whites. She really torqued me off. Some employee!

The history of the Puritan's is really pretty amazing. The revisionist historians have obvious motive to redefine what we understand of them. Like many, I grew up with a somewhat skewed understanding of their beliefs but a little study is all that is needed undo that. Their view of God and representative government, their influence, is the large reason that this country became a Republic.