Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Is This Safe?

Sailormilan2

There is a seller on Gunbroker who is selling a bunch of left over Kimber action. I looked at some(if not all) of the actions, and it appears that some of them have the front scope mount holes drilled too far back. In or around the upper locking shoulder. Not that I am really interested, as I have enough actions to keep me busy for a while, but with the holes in the lugs, does that make them unsafe?

Check out the last photo:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=205149001

There is a seller on Gunbroker who is selling a bunch of left over Kimber action. I looked at some(if not all) of the actions, and it appears that some of them have the front scope mount holes drilled too far back. In or around the upper locking shoulder. Not that I am really interested, as I have enough actions to keep me busy for a while, but with the holes in the lugs, does that make them unsafe?

Check out the last photo:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=205149001

That guy has been peddeling stuff from kimber's dumpster for several years.

didn't he also have some of the kimber actions where the front ring was cracked in half & he had in the description that any competent gunsmith could repair them?

At one point he was selling a receiver that was twisted like a pretzle, an obvious attemp buy Kimber to destroy the action.

He claimed it could be straitened by a gunsmith.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked that man a question about a year or so ago about a bolt that he had. He wrote back in an e-mail and was very snippy and arrogant. Gunbroker should kick him off of there as he is making products something they are not. Junk prices are up, most if not all of his stuff should go to a scrap yard.

People like him, well I just wish gravity would let go of them. I despise him and those like him.

That last picture cracks me up, he tries to hide it, but damn you can't miss the chip in the bolt. The discount price due to that flaw is a good one too.

Brenden

I asked that man a question about a year or so ago about a bolt that he had. He wrote back in an e-mail and was very snippy and arrogant.......

I read his description and terms and would not buy from him just based on the arrogance that he shows in that. If you feel that you have to be that rude and abrasive to prospective buyers, there's a reason - a lot of people must have gotten junk from him and complained to him, so he starts out on the defensive - a rather offensive defensive. I bought a set of single action grips from a guy like that once. He started out with some insulting remarks about making sure YOU know what grip frame YOU have because HIS grips fit the frames.... Turned out he didn't know squat because they were the most ill-fitted grips ever and it wasn't that either of us mistook the frame - he drilled the holes in the wrong place, period. Got VERY snotty when I e-mailed to try to rectify it, and of course would not make it right because I was obviously a snivelling idiot who didn't know my frame and wanted him to pay for my mistake. Almost makes me think it was the same guy.

On top of that, if it's not safe to use, he's going to get someone hurt and going to just make things worse for the responsible gun owners as well.