Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need Opinions On Value Of A Reproduction 1858 Remington

ShooterTom

Best bet is to take a look at gunbroker or auction arms. These thing are going up in price (wish I'd bought one years ago when they were half the price)Depending on how you feel you could start @ $200 but with the box and what looks like a bullet mold 250 is probably legit.

Hello Tom

The pistol is I think a "Pietta" new the pistol runs about 150 to 200 bucks.

But the case is very nice and I would pay an extra $25 to $50 for it.

The only thing to look out for is that it looks to have a brass body and that can be a problem, I have read, if the last owner shot too hot loads.

The mold, around $25 and $25 for the flask and if the flask is full and I see a tin of caps, another 10 bucks.

Karl

http://www.pietta.us/products/Caskets/index.html

Hate to say this, but FIE is a crap shoot. I have one that I bought off Auction Arms, a little pocket pistol. It works fine now, but it required machining to be able to put the pin in it. From what I read online, Fie went broke around 1990. "Firearms International Export (FIE) was not a manufacturer but an importer of inexpensive and frankly very poor firearms. Many of it's products came from small shops in Spain and Italy, but with FIE it could come from anywhere, including Pakistan and the Phillipines. IMHO one should steer clear of any firearm with the FIE Marque." This was from, "Answers".

• 3 weeks later...