Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hey, It's My Former Father-In-Law, No Kidding!

FC

I understand- "Julia" showed up in Nebraska after a short briefing and introduced her/his self to my teenage daughters. Think that might have generated confusion in their minds? For years after divorcing his daughter I had him over at the house with her/his wife (still married) as we saw him look more and more bizarre. Did he tell us what he was doing? Heck no! We reserved judgement, but should have judged him right then and there as floating over to the fairy side. He deceived us. This process took years, but he said nothing, just started looking more and more girly.

It's tough for someone to admit to friends and family that they've been "lying" to them, or at least living a lie. There's a concern of rejection and judgment.

This decision was not arrived at lightly. I find the fact that his wife was actively involved in supporting him interesting; her support means that she values him as a person and a friend. She could have easily left, but she saw his struggle and understood it.

If he was a good father-in-law, he'll now be a good mother-in-law too. You can't change anything, and there has to be respect on some level.

And look on the bright side... You have someone new to dance with at the next family wedding.

:)