Military Firearm Restoration Corner
Sign in to follow this  
tanglewood16137

A Day In The Woods A The Farm

well it was a milsurp kinda day we had Thomas with a 1950'fn actioned 308 norma mag running around my son with his 95 cheilno based 257 roberts. my wife with a vz based 243 heavy D with a laner of mine a turk k kale with a rem 270 bbl then waterdogz dad big J Sr. with a 24/47 based 8x57 then my dad with a vz based 7x57 i was breaking in a new 30-06 based on a turk k kale with a rem stainless bbl yes i drew blood taged a nice 150 lb doe and last but not to forget was WATERDOGZ HIMSELF he was the only one out of 8 with a 700 remmy in 300 ulta mag so i was a mauser kind of day heavy d and i drew blood for heavy D this was his first deer he sarted hunting 4 years ago and we kinda took him along since he was getting tired of not seeing anything so we really worked it for him to get a shot and he did. well the gun and he did their parts and he ended up wih a nice fat 180 lb doe. Waterdogz Jr and Sr left empy handed wel no really we sen them home wih ubs of beef vegie soup and memories of a great day in the woods something his older dad

hasent had in a long time he told me when he got home sr. had the time of his life geting to run all over the farm this year thanks to us having a polaris ranger 6 passenger crew to use to move the guys around between drives.

Rod

well it was a milsurp kinda day we had Thomas with a 1950'fn actioned 308 norma mag running around my son with his 95 cheilno based 257 roberts. my wife with a vz based 243 heavy D with a laner of mine a turk k kale with a rem 270 bbl then waterdogz dad big J Sr. with a 24/47 based 8x57 then my dad with a vz based 7x57 i was breaking in a new 30-06 based on a turk k kale with a rem stainless bbl yes i drew blood taged a nice 150 lb doe and last but not to forget was WATERDOGZ HIMSELF he was the only one out of 8 with a 700 remmy in 300 ulta mag so i was a mauser kind of day Rod

<_<Now Rod, Lets get this straight! It was a Remmy model 7 in .300 Rem SAUM. lol.

I hope all had a bit of venison to take home out of the day in the field. Nice time.