Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Anothermauser In 6.5X55

fmsniper

been a long time since I was here

So I have a Mauser 98 action, I trued it, lapped the lugs, welded on a new bolt handle, drilled & taped it, mounted a Ken Ferrel steel mount, tapered the extractor for snap over and added a adjustable side safety trigger, the parkerized it.

going with a 6.5x55 f34 barrel tapper in 24 inch hunter with a boyds FWT stock?

P1400200.jpg

P1400201.jpg

P1400202.jpg

P1400203.jpg

inlet the bolt handle, and side safety trigger, then free floated the barrel, now only waiting for parkerizing and devcon bedding

IMG_0040-2.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0003-4.jpg

just finished parkerizing

IMG_0001-6.jpg

IMG_0002-5.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

is the co-op still going, I need to get a 6.5x5x55 reamer?, I know I donated one years ago..

haha FM - you love some nutty colors - have you thought about duracoating in one of their bloomberg specials? The co-op is still going - email mike. I'll be needing your 6.5x55 set pretty soon myself for my 96 project.

Just curious - why no FN style shroud when you have the boyd's side safety on there?

I like it!

Question though, how do you prevent parkerizing the bore? Plugs? Any problems with hot plug blowing out?

I've always used the rubber plugs they sell at lowes or HD - they work fine. I'll tap em in with a rubber mallet & usually have to take them out with a cork remover, but never had a leak. Obviously it's a one time use.