Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Teaser

odies dad

I am getting started on a new project. I am building a 280Rem/7MM Remington Express on a VZ24. I am trying to take pictures as I go to do sort of a tutorial on building a Mauser sporter.

I got the A&B barrel polished up and blued. Got a safety installed. I had an original Beuhler safety I was going to put on it, but the little screw that holds the handle on twisted off on me. :angry: So I installed a Dayton Traiser MK2 safety I had.

The stock is on its way. I ordered a Boyds Prairie Hunter in walnut with the laser cut checkering.

I still need to order a trigger for it. I forgot to do that when I ordered the stock.

I will post some pictures of the whole project when I get it done.

I got the stock from Boyds today. Beautiful! I really like the checkering.

I cut out for the bolt handle and drilled out for the stock ferrule. Looks pretty good so far.

I decided to swap out the bolt for a different one. The one I had in it was looking kinda stubby, so I traded for a longer one. Looks good to me.

Unfortunately, the bolt shrouds wouldn't swap. I found this out a while ago. I think it is just tolerance differences. I have one that fits but is set up with a Beuhler type safety rather than the Dayton Traiser Mark 2. I may put the Beuhler handle on this one just for fun.

I'm still taking pictures and will post the whole process when I am done.

Next step is reaming the chamber.