Military Firearm Restoration Corner

How Us Military Handles Scorpions

AzRednek

Military Guys Find A Scorpion In Their Tent (NOT FAR FROM THE TRUTH)

A man was conducting an All Service member briefing one day, and he posed
the question: "What would you do if you found a scorpion in your tent?"

A Sailor said, "I'd step on it."

A Soldier said, "I'd hit it with my boot."

Karl said I'm A Marine said, "I'd catch it, break the stinger off, and eat it."

An Airman said, "I'd call room service and find out why there's a tent in my
room."

P1010013-Copy2_zps78820617.jpg

I found the scorpion pictured above on my kitchen floor about year and a half ago. This is what he looked like after I beat him with an old cowboy boot. A week or so later after finding three very large (3" +) sewer roaches in my bathtub. I hired an exterminator.

Waterbugs? I've noticed a lot less of them in this home of the "palmetto bug" since an exterminator sprayed the ants. BTW, screwy little red ants wrecked an outdoor fan switch twice, and the points on my well once. The little buggers love electricity.

Waterbugs? I've noticed a lot less of them in this home of the "palmetto bug" since an exterminator sprayed the ants. BTW, screwy little red ants wrecked an outdoor fan switch twice, and the points on my well once. The little buggers love electricity.

When I rebuilt my kitchen I screwed up and built in some perfect breeding areas for roaches. I had roaches everywhere for a while..............................until I figured things out. Once I took care of those areas, I got some SUSPENDS off Ebay(Amazon carries it too). Food, and pet safe once it dries. I sprayed everything in the kitchen. Inside cabinets, inside and under drawers, walls, on top of the counters, and the floor in front of the cabinets. This was done multiple times, at about one month intervals.

Apparently it works by having the poison attached to a sugar like compound. When the roaches and ants walk over the dried poison, it gets picked up in their body hairs and they eat later when groom themselves.

I haven't seen a live roach in about a year and a half, and it keeps the little ants out too.

I use about 1 1/2 oz per gallon, which is the max recommended strength.

https://www.amazon.com/Suspend-Insecticide-Roaches-Professional-Control/dp/B002Y57MGE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466606961&sr=8-2&keywords=suspends

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bayer-Suspend-SC-Pest-Insecticide-Pint-16oz-/261485568762?hash=item3ce1c122fa:g:~aUAAOSwYmZXM5vU