Military Firearm Restoration Corner

24/47 To 308

rustvyper

last time I expressed how I really felt about boyd's, the mods on that board removed all the posts. and I didn't even use any profanity.

I'm suprised some of my negative posts about boyd's over there weren't deleted too, that's the difference here there are no sponsers to upset.

-Don

Too bad the old Fajen isn't still around.

To change the subject slightly. Years ago there was a big stink raised on firearm, hunting and shooting newsgroups. Sometime after Fajen folded, somebody was sending email spam selling Fajen's machinery to gun owners. I got two emails to my different email addys. It wasn't that the deal wasn't legit. The machinery was being sold but everybody was curious where the seller got all the gun owner's email addresses. Never did find out how the email list was devised, many posters accused the NRA and Midway but as I remember both denied it.

Just curious if anybody got the equipment or possibly Fajen went under because their machinery was antiquated. I got my first stock in the 70's from Fajen. I bought a cheapie unfinished birchwood. It didn't look real good but was a near perfect fit to my Spanish 98. About the same time a buddy got one for his Carcano and he fit it in about 10 minutes using his pocket knife.