Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Move On .org

AzRednek

I'm surprised I was still on Move-On's email list after Fox News crushed them. As a gag, friend of mine signed me up for a Move-On get-together at my house. He posted I would have beer and get this "animal cruelty free snacks" and "pets and children welcome". Volunteers were to bring their cell phones and Move-On would provide phone numbers to call encouraging people to vote for Obama. We were also to organize rides to the polls and pass names and numbers of people needing to register to vote. I received about 20 email RSVP's in my zip code.

You gotta give the commie swine a for effort

karl

Prior to the McCain / Obama election I received numerous telephone calls from Move-On soliciting donations for Obama. A few calls the phone solicitor was pretty persistent. I hung up on one and he called right back saying please hear me out, asking something about is it fair Warren Buffet paying less taxes than his secretary and continued talking as I hung up again. My guess, the Move-On callers were probably well trained and some may have been working on a commission.

While I was in a training program as an agent for Farmers Insurance. I had to solicit by phone and get the auto or home insurance renewal date of 200 people as one of the qualifications for a guaranteed monthly income. My trainers put a list in front of us titled over coming objections and listened in as we called. Rarely, at least in the early 70's did people just say no and hang up. People felt compelled to give a reason or excuse. No matter the reason we could go to the list and verbally over come it. "Oh yeah I know John Doe with State Farm, he's a nice guy but if I could save you 150 to 200 a year I'm sure you'd be interested". "Two hundred would buy a lot of school clothes" if I heard kids in the background. "Did you hear John Doe left his wife for a younger woman" if I had a woman on the line. "I like John Doe Jr to, hard to believe for such a nice guy he's an atheist". We had I guess could be called tidbits of disparaging gossip on several State Farm and Allstate agents in the area.

Sorry didn't mean to get side tracked again!! Being sedentary again I'm easily bored and my mind wanders. Point I'm trying to make. The Move-On phone solicitors definitely earned an A. They were sharp, quick witted and attempted to put me on a guilt trip. "Aw come on can't you chip in just a few bucks" followed up with a statement that would p-off a typical lib.