Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Pj's In Public

FC

I've seen a couple teenage girls wearing pajama bottoms in, you guessed it Wal-Mart. Probably a fad, reminiscent of teenage girls wearing men's boxer shorts a few years ago. Remember the late 70's teen girl fad of wearing see-through from the rear tight pants or shorts with a butterfly, heart or watch it on their panties? I had one former teenage step-daughter that was really hot and knew it. My X and I simply tossed her wild clothing in the garbage or fireplace.

The guy I saw was my age, in a truck stop, wearing Clemson jammies.

Not to far out of line at a truck stop. Not unusual to see truck drivers that crashed for the night in their sleeper cabs to show up in the restaurant or in and out of the lobby for coffee in PJ's and robes.

This was early afternoon, and not a trucker. I'm just saying we dress like slobs. One teen girl at church wore the same "security" shirt 2 Sundays in a row. Guess the parents don't care.

I agree. Guess I'm showing my age. I remember when everybody dressed sharp to go to church, restaurant or get on an airline.

My daughter-in-law said our pastor looks like Jerry Garcia. Probably dresses like him too.

The way people dressed in Paris really impressed me.

I'm sure there are areas of Paris that would fail to impress.

Things certainly have changed in the last 20 years in the USA concerning formal and business atire.

Growing up, ALL men wore at least a coat an tie in church; women always wore conservative dresses. Now I'm seeing some churches posting signs at entrances to the sanctuary, defining IN PICTURES what is acceptable.

Funerals used to be conservative. Now I'm seeing men wearing their Sunday-best pocket-tees and jeans to pay their respects; some of the dresses that young women wear to services and graveside look more like they're prepped for an evening job on a street corner.

I'm seeing male high school graduates wearing shorts and sandals as they walk across the podium to accept that diploma; relatives flew in from all over the country to watch them look like buffoons.

I'm sure I'm not much better at times, but I do my damndest to at least dress "business casual" for more formal occasions; a long-sleeved dress shirt with khakis, and maybe a tie.

Bunny trail- I left Rapid City today. Lots of Indians there (feather, not dot). Most were not working. At Hardee's I was eating a burger, and didn't have my glasses on. I was hoping I wasn't seeing one of 2 younger Indian women mooning me, but yup! 6 inches of ventilated crack! A lot of the kids were playing video games on the library computers.