Military Firearm Restoration Corner

How much is an 03 Springfield worth?

FC

Tony,at the last Dallas gunshow,I looked at several '03s from 400 to 500 bucks.My brother was trying to sell his for 400,and got no takers.His was in better shape than most and a Springfield,but the dealers all ask how much he wanted for his piece of junk.If you want,I can ask if he still wants to sell his.I read somewhere that a lot of 03s are comeing from Greece.800 sounds way high to me unless it's in new condition.Jerry

Tony have you looked into the CMP?

http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1903.htm

I bought a remington 1903a3 from them awhile back, it was like new! It was so purdy i've been reluctant to shoot her.

If you have a Texas CCW and a membership in the TSRA you are good to go. The CMP site has a forum you can try asking what the quailty has been like lately.

Tom

I bought both an '03 and an '03A3 from the CMP, along with a couple of Garands. I figured that they won't be available forever. I think the '03A3's are already scarce.

Clemson

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I must be getting old..I recall 03's for 39.95 in the local sporting goods store.

karl

I had an a uncle that bought one in the late 50s for $12.00 through the mail!

• 1 year later...

last one i bought was for $200 bucks. Got a bad one though, somebody had messed with the head spacing or tried to ream it out or something, blew the cartiage neck and shoulder through-out the barrel. Watch dealing with pawn shops, i've found that 70% of the time your buying someone elses problems. Just my expierence though. As for going price, around here about 400 for a good one.

brenden