Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Buck Rogers, 1939

FC

As a kid I rarely got to watch Zorro. It shared the same time slot as Playhouse 90, my mother's favorite show. At about ten years old I got whipped with a pointing stick by a nun for imitating and signing Zorro making the sign of the Z. Nun thought I was making a mockery of the Catholic Sign Of The Cross. "That's a sacrilege" she shouted as she beat me. After catechism class she made me go to confession.

Any kid that spent time in the Phoenix area during the 50 or 60's remember Wallace and Ladmo. It was the longest running live show ever. Wallace passed away recently and his funeral was attended by well over 10,000.

Yeah, me too, FC. Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, Zorro and The Cisco Kid. No Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon. That was So.Cal in the 60's.

During the late 50's and early 60's I spent my summers in Southern Cal. I'll never forget those weird cartoons where the picture stayed still and a human's mouth did the speaking. I can recall Sheriff John and Chucko The Birthday Clown being my favorite shows. In the afternoons they had Gene Autry movies.

Sheriff John was great. He was actually the head guy in charge of that channel. 11? Not 5, I don't think. Watched him for years. He would ready happy birthday wishes to people who's parents sent in their names, and I still remember him screwing up my name on my birthday when I was 5 or 6.