Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Unique Garand

That is not a Garand. That is a travesty! And may the fleas of a thousand camels nestle in the shorts of however did that to this old solder!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's interesting...not something that I would do to my own beloved Garands, but there must have been a reason that the Nigerians felt that they had to modify the Garands in this way.

Unique almost doesn't cover it!

Actually, that Frankensteinian creation was my brothers idea. I just put it together for him. That ugly flash hider on the end was an after though to get it to pass the California minimum length law, 30". Folded it is now about 31 1/2".

Currently, I am collecting parts to build a couple of 308 Tankers. Which should be about perfect. Yeah, I know there was no such animal as the "Tanker". But, it makes a handy little semi auto with plenty of "oooomph".

What I am considering though, is trying to purchase from Springfield a scope base off their M1A Scout rifle and mounting it on a Tanker. I think a little "Scout Tanker" has possibilites. Forward scope won't interfere with the en bloc clip loading.

Any comments??

Most "Tankers" are 30-06, so yes there would be a lot of muzzle blast. However, in the 308, it would be much better. This would be basically the same as the M1A Scout rifles that Springfield is currently making.

While an AR10 might be an excellent choice, since I live in the PDRK.........People's Demokratic Repulik of Kalifornia, I can't be trusted with one.

since I live in the PDRK.........People's Demokratic Repulik of Kalifornia, I can't be trusted with one.

2997[/snapback]

Yes, you might be effectively able to defend yourself against violence and tyranny. This would (1) directly threaten your state government and (2) threaten the media's ability to report victimization stories. What if all of a sudden there were no victims?

California really was a great state (sniff).

The 308 does sound like a better cartridge for the beast - and it would be a relatively quick handling.

While I was down picking up my Savage 93 17HMR, I asked the salesman if they sold a lot of the Springfield Scouts. He said that they had sold a lot of them, and a lot of the SOCOMs, which have a shorter barrel than the Scouts. He hadn't heard any complaints about the muzzle blast.

But, maybe since we are from the PDRK, we are used to hear loud noises (politicians speaking) all the time.