Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gunsmith In The Lincoln - Omaha Ne Area

Surplus

Hi to all,

My gunsmith in Idaho stopped working due to health problems, he made several great projects for me.

I have a couple of projects that I would like done, a Mauser 98 action with a Sarco Swedish 8mm bull barrel, a Mauser 93 action (Brazil) to rebarrel with a Chilean 7mm barrel and two Argentine Mauser 1891 actions to rebarrel with un-issued carbine length 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser barrels.

If you know of a good gunsmith in the area or of another one out of state that would take work, would appreciate your help.

Regards

Surplus

for me i can call him anytine for advice was a blast to have he and his 2 sons come east to pa. and spend a week deer hunting 3 years ago with hs youngest going home with a monster 6 point 19" spread

Tanglewood can you see if Z1 would be willing to start posting and sharing his vast wealth of knowledge on this site especially since Mauser central is toast.

This site can become a beacon for Mauser rifle owners.

Racked my brain but can't recall the name. Anybody remember the gunsmith in Grants Pass Oregon that occasionally posted here?? He was recommended by the member that operated Sporter Express selling Mauser barrels. I believe Sporter Express changed the name, got out of the Mauser business and got into selling AR accessories.

EDIT: Tried opening up Sporter Express' website as shown in his member profile. Two attempts failed.

• 2 weeks later...
Racked my brain but can't recall the name. Anybody remember the gunsmith in Grants Pass Oregon that occasionally posted here?? He was recommended by the member that operated Sporter Express selling Mauser barrels. I believe Sporter Express changed the name, got out of the Mauser business and got into selling AR accessories.

EDIT: Tried opening up Sporter Express' website as shown in his member profile. Two attempts failed.

If you are thinking of Mark Skaggs, I wouldn't sent an pop gun to him. Long story, but he ship my rifle back in an cardboard box after sending them is an long case. Welded the wrong handles on the two action I sent to him, if he had reversed the handles then, it would be right. Take way to long when he said only three month. Took over 14. Then when you complain about those issue he'll call you ever name in the book.

Rob

There is an few smiths around that you can send things to and there is an few other place to send parts to. I send Skip Baldwin an few barrels to be rethreads and an few bolt handles done. He may take awhile but he'll get the job done right. Never dealt with the guy on fleabay on the bolts.

Rob